Post your Betta Pics Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thought I had posted a pic but can't find it....anyhow, this is Pi Betta Psycho. I sent the spouse to Petco on pi day for a betta so this was his choice. He lives with a group of green rasboras and red rili shrimp.

These pics were taken in his QT, I'll have to get a more recent shot:

img_3191860_0_5eecdcaae26f5f91ce52831ac6dc5697.jpg

img_3191860_1_f0ef8ed86a50d8f4042df9b4fc196cf7.jpg

I was really into the hobby but we had to move unexpectedly, gave up the tanks, etc etc. While shopping for dog stuff at Petco my middle daughter found a tiny betta she felt sorry for. Ok, so he came home, went into a 2.5g on my kitchen counter, no filter, no heater. Worked very hard on that tank because of those things so that water quality wouldn't crash. Little guy was with us for close to 5 years. Never did grow to full size though. Had an awesome personality! I would share his name but this is a family site...

Was maybe an inch long in this pic:

img_3191902_0_fff314d04570c328df5370b7d8a3318c.jpg

And his home...teen son insisted on a castle, oldest daughter found an aquarium safe Xmas tree on etsy :rolleyes:

img_3191902_1_716ac9bad3ef5f90399de24c3c4517fd.jpg

I was really into the hobby but we had to move unexpectedly, gave up the tanks, etc etc. While shopping for dog stuff at Petco my middle daughter found a tiny betta she felt sorry for. Ok, so he came home, went into a 2.5g on my kitchen counter, no filter, no heater. Worked very hard on that tank because of those things so that water quality wouldn't crash. Little guy was with us for close to 5 years. Never did grow to full size though. Had an awesome personality! I would share his name but this is a family site...

Was maybe an inch long in this pic:

img_3191919_0_fff314d04570c328df5370b7d8a3318c.jpg

And his home...teen son insisted on a castle, oldest daughter found an aquarium safe Xmas tree on etsy :rolleyes:

img_3191919_1_716ac9bad3ef5f90399de24c3c4517fd.jpg

Those are the best kind of tanks! The ones everyone has a chance to be a part of :)

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

The colors on those AquaBid girls are amazing! Makes me want to have a female betta again, but again the tank space issue :(

Thanks! I only have one male since they take up so much room since they can't be together. I like having the females since they can be together :D

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Those are the best kind of tanks! The ones everyone has a chance to be a part of :)

And it was nice having the tank in the kitchen, he got used to everyone visiting and got to the point he'd wait at the front whenever someone walked in the room.

Thanks! I only have one male since they take up so much room since they can't be together. I like having the females since they can be together :D

I'd like to try females together again someday...did it years ago in a 10g and that didn't end well at all :(

What kind of setup would you recommend for females?

I'd like to try females together again someday...did it years ago in a 10g and that didn't end well at all :(

What kind of setup would you recommend for females?

I have a 10 gallon planted tank for them. Right now I have two females, a ghost fish, and 4 cherry barbs. I'm going to get two more girls and get rid of the cherry barbs. My girls nipped at each other for a day or two but now they are friends!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427406673.073943.jpg

My guy searching for food. Might try introducing some harlequin or lambchop rasboras to his tank.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I have a 10 gallon planted tank for them. Right now I have two females, a ghost fish, and 4 cherry barbs. I'm going to get two more girls and get rid of the cherry barbs. My girls nipped at each other for a day or two but now they are friends!

Soooo tempting and I actually do have tank space.

Do you find that the AquaBid girls are more delicate than lfs bettas?

My guy searching for food. Might try introducing some harlequin or lambchop rasboras to his tank.

How large is the tank? Pi doesn't bother the green rasboras, really hated habrosus cories for some reason though...

Soooo tempting and I actually do have tank space.

Do you find that the AquaBid girls are more delicate than lfs bettas?

Haha, go get some girls!! And not as far as I can tell! They seem the same!

45 gallons.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Geez! A 45 for a Betta?? He's a king lol
I would lose him in there ?
Wish I had more space for a bigger tank for him though. But I'm restricted to what can fit on the kitchen table.

29g Community

3g Betta

Here's my newest boy (and my favorite) "Donnie" (from Donnie Darko or like Donatello, the purple TMNT.)

Leaving the pet store, looking depressed:
I3oB1AZ.jpg

One week later, in his temporary home while the big tank cycles:
94mfFUy.jpg

He's really spunky. Don't think he could have ANY tankmates.
He knows how fantastic he is. -lol- The flash does NOT do his colors justice.

Back
Top Bottom