Post your Betta Pics Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With a huge protest of my hubby, I came home with this one today. He is a dragon scale, but not sure if he's a half moon or any other kind. He's still pretty tiny, just about a half inch long. He's all white with one little spot of grey/blue on his back. I went for filter media to stupid petsmart and had to look at them, and his condition was clearly going downhill fast. I had to save him! We rushed him home, I put together a 5 gallon tank for him, and started acclimating. He is like a whole new fish in fresh water with a place to swim. He's been zipping around the tank and nibbling on the plastic plants since I put him in there. And I feel good about saving him!

Attachments

• image-145864735.jpg
    image-145864735.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 132
  • image-1654971277.jpg
    image-1654971277.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 149
With a huge protest of my hubby, I came home with this one today. He is a dragon scale, but not sure if he's a half moon or any other kind. He's still pretty tiny, just about a half inch long. He's all white with one little spot of grey/blue on his back. I went for filter media to stupid petsmart and had to look at them, and his condition was clearly going downhill fast. I had to save him! We rushed him home, I put together a 5 gallon tank for him, and started acclimating. He is like a whole new fish in fresh water with a place to swim. He's been zipping around the tank and nibbling on the plastic plants since I put him in there. And I feel good about saving him!

He is SO cute! I know your not sure what he is, but your pics reminded me of my soft spot for plakats. :)

He is SO cute! I know your not sure what he is, but your pics reminded me of my soft spot for plakats. :)

Thank you!! I did a quick google search on the way home and learned that most dragon scales are a variation of plakats. Not sure how true that is, but looking at the shape of his fins and his body it looks like that's probably what he is. I've never had a pure white one, or anything other than a crown tail for that matter. I can't wait for him to settle in and see if his color changes any.

My red/clear marble VT girl, Pepper!

She is my largest female, and largest of my all of my bettas actually! She's bigger than my four males. Her ventrals are very long and quite nicely shaped.

However, she is not very intimidating to the other females as she flares clear due to her beard being completely see through. Makes for a good laugh when she tries to look mean!

Attachments

• image-4178585175.jpg
    image-4178585175.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 157
Time to post some new pics, now I got a new camera!

First guy is Geddy, a Petsmart rescue. He lives in a big 15 gal with some tankmates and has his own mancave. Loves bloodworms and NLS betta pellets. He is a HM.

Second is Cheech, got him from a member her and he is VERY active and always want attention/food. He lives next to Chong, but they are Not buddies. Likes any food that falls into his tank! Likes to flare all the time and show off when I watch him.

Last guy (2 pics) is Chong...a .99 cent betta from ebay, and he is aweome! The flash drowned out his real colors, his fins are much more yellow. I see now why his ebay pic did not do him justice! He is friendly and love Bloodworms.

Attachments

• IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0010.jpg
    IMG_0010.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0011.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 123
Lol @ Cheech and Chong... Nice names. Although I would have saved them for some very green bettas, haha. They look very nice! I can't wait til my betta fry are big enough to get a decent picture of them. They are still incredibly tiny!

And isn't it funny how the camera flash makes some bettas look great and just washes others out? Prince and Lucky both look great with a flash but Ninja just turns into a dark outline of a fish!

Lol @ Cheech and Chong... Nice names. Although I would have saved them for some very green bettas, haha. They look very nice! I can't wait til my betta fry are big enough to get a decent picture of them. They are still incredibly tiny!

And isn't it funny how the camera flash makes some bettas look great and just washes others out? Prince and Lucky both look great with a flash but Ninja just turns into a dark outline of a fish!

Both Cheech and Chong washed out in the flash. And Odin would too as he is dark. Chong has awesome yellow , but you'd never know it from the pic....

Time to post some new pics, now I got a new camera!

First guy is Geddy, a Petsmart rescue. He lives in a big 15 gal with some tankmates and has his own mancave. Loves bloodworms and NLS betta pellets. He is a HM.

Second is Cheech, got him from a member her and he is VERY active and always want attention/food. He lives next to Chong, but they are Not buddies. Likes any food that falls into his tank! Likes to flare all the time and show off when I watch him.

Last guy (2 pics) is Chong...a .99 cent betta from ebay, and he is aweome! The flash drowned out his real colors, his fins are much more yellow. I see now why his ebay pic did not do him justice! He is friendly and love Bloodworms.

How on earth did you find a 99 cent Betta on eBay? I search for deals like that all the time and never find them! Chong is gorgeous btw.

He is gorgeous :)

The new guy I got last month has turned from pure white to turquoise with blue tips on his fins! His fins have gotten longer and he is turning a really pretty iridescent turquoise color. Cool!

Attachments

• image-4196826149.jpg
    image-4196826149.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 144
  • image-2490072825.jpg
    image-2490072825.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 147
I'm gonna take a guess that there are some betta breeders on this thread ;) If ya don't mind I have a question for you... How do you separate all of your males? Do you worry about them being able to see each other? I can't seem to figure out a way to keep them from seeing each other without giving each a divided section of the tank with some plants and I need to be able to put more males in the tank.

I'm gonna take a guess that there are some betta breeders on this thread ;) If ya don't mind I have a question for you... How do you separate all of your males? Do you worry about them being able to see each other? I can't seem to figure out a way to keep them from seeing each other without giving each a divided section of the tank with some plants and I need to be able to put more males in the tank.

Mason jars or lidded tupperware with daily water changes, or Betta barracks that hang on the inside or hang on the outside, but are still circulated with tank water.

I have this and love it, it has dividers and just needs a little bubbler and its external:
http://ca-en.hagen.com/Aquatic/Misc.-Accessories/Breeders--Salt--Silicone/10943

I have a few of these as well, they hang on the inside and are divided:
http://ca-en.hagen.com/Aquatic/Misc.-Accessories/Breeders--Salt--Silicone/10936

Good luck!

I'm waiting for these guys to grow out some more so I can really get a good picture. I'm very excited to see how they develop. They are from my Purple line crossed with Salamander Elephant Ears.
jpg.gif
AB pics 091.JPG (64.1 KB)
jpg.gif
AB pics 088.JPG (51.7 KB)

Attachments

• AB pics 091.JPG
    AB pics 091.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 133
  • AB pics 088.JPG
    AB pics 088.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 123
Back