Post your Betta Pics Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mason jars or lidded tupperware with daily water changes, or Betta barracks that hang on the inside or hang on the outside, but are still circulated with tank water.

I have this and love it, it has dividers and just needs a little bubbler and its external:
http://ca-en.hagen.com/Aquatic/Misc.-Accessories/Breeders--Salt--Silicone/10943

I have a few of these as well, they hang on the inside and are divided:
http://ca-en.hagen.com/Aquatic/Misc.-Accessories/Breeders--Salt--Silicone/10936

Good luck!

Thank you! I'm also wondering if it's ok for them to see each other through the glass/plastic... Especially males. :)

I have several hundred males in 2 litre soda bottles. Cheaper than buying vases or jars, you just have to find people to drink the soda and remember to rinse them and save them for you. My Bettas flare at each other all day. If they get bored flaring at one guy they can turn around and flare at the one on the other side. I've been at this seriously for over 5 years now and usually have 2 to 5 hundred adult males on hand at any given time. They do not get stressed out or get traumatized by losing an imaginary fight with their neighbor. If you feel they might get over stimulated there are ways to put up removable solid color dividers to limit their exercise, excitement or stress; how ever you want to catagorize it.

This is my latest aquabid acquisition. :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130605_010255.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130605_010255.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 149
Chard56 said:
I have several hundred males in 2 litre soda bottles. Cheaper than buying vases or jars, you just have to find people to drink the soda and remember to rinse them and save them for you. My Bettas flare at each other all day. If they get bored flaring at one guy they can turn around and flare at the one on the other side. I've been at this seriously for over 5 years now and usually have 2 to 5 hundred adult males on hand at any given time. They do not get stressed out or get traumatized by losing an imaginary fight with their neighbor. If you feel they might get over stimulated there are ways to put up removable solid color dividers to limit their exercise, excitement or stress; how ever you want to catagorize it.

Hey, welcome to the forum! I've seen your bettas on aquabid, very nice! And I would imagine getting that much soda drank can be an issue. It is a good idea though, and I had started a collection of them a couple months ago with that in mind. Sadly my boyfriend didn't realize I was trying to keep them and tossed most of them out...

At the moment I don't have any issues with housing males as my babies are still too young to have to separate and I only have 3 adult males. One has his own 10 and two others share a 10 with a craft mesh divider that they can't really see through. I'm not sure they have ever noticed one another.

I almost bought a dumbo ear delta tail today. If only I didn't have another stop to make (and if only I was in my car and not on the back of a moped) he would have come home with me. Instead I am going in on Friday when she gets more in so I can have my pick.

Ok thanks :) good to know. Do you heat the bottles somehow?

My first fish ever was a betta named warrior.Sadly,he died as all first time ever fish do for me,but I bought another one and named it Aqua.He glows aqua when the light is turned on and is getting quite old,yet he stays healthy.He is about 4 and a 1/2 years old.

Attachments

• image-2834566332.jpg
    image-2834566332.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 160
Mr chocolate is here...a chocolate veil tail betta

Attachments

• image-371606747.jpg
    image-371606747.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 108
  • image-3947400980.jpg
    image-3947400980.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 154
  • image-1657143711.jpg
    image-1657143711.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 105
  • image-1952149711.jpg
    image-1952149711.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 123

Wow! Where do you keep that many 2 litre bottles? That must take up a massive amount of room!

Oh never mind they showed up now. Lol and sushi! Haha that's an awesome name! Mind if I steal that? ;)

Back
Top Bottom