Post your Betta Pics Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What are you calling "Snakeskin"?

Snakeskin refers to the spotted pattern that is naturally occurring in some fish. These fish can be selectively bred to enhance the pattern. The pattern exists in more than just Bettas.

Here's some examples that include Bettas, discus, and guppies.

Attachments

• image-4007932155.jpg
    image-4007932155.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 89
  • image-1195506844.jpg
    image-1195506844.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 153
  • image-2419983396.jpg
    image-2419983396.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 150
I'm fully aware of the snakeskin patterns of Guppies and Discus but how are you coming up with a "snakeskin" pattern on Bettas. Certainly not the example you've given. Striated markings in some dorsals maybe but I've never heard anyone ever attribute that pattern to Bettas and certainly not to their body.

I'm fully aware of the snakeskin patterns of Guppies and Discus but how are you coming up with a "snakeskin" pattern on Bettas. Certainly not the example you've given. Striated markings in some dorsals maybe but I've never heard anyone ever attribute that pattern to Bettas and certainly not to their body.

My advice would be to ask Daniel at Premium Bettas. He's the one trying to work on the line. :)

Also, here's a picture that is a bit better of an example. If you look closely you can see the pattern in the the and the anal fin as well.

Attachments

• image-1341311098.jpg
    image-1341311098.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 118
That would explain it. When developing lines of my own coming up with a name or description for them is part of the sales angle. My Fire Dragons for instance and I couldn't come up with anything to go with Purple so I used my nickname and call them Purple Chards. If Daniel came up with a Betta with a Snakeskin patterned body, that would really be something.

I saw a Copper Betta posted on the IBC face book page with a more obviuos pattern, more like the dorsals of my Medusa Galaxy males. I thought it would make for a nice flame job on the side of my "73 Maverick. If I find what I'm talking about I'll post it too. The Bettas dorsal was almost like this.

I saw a Copper Betta posted on the IBC face book page with a more obviuos pattern, more like the dorsals of my Medusa Galaxy males. I thought it would make for a nice flame job on the side of my "73 Maverick. If I find what I'm talking about I'll post it too. The Bettas dorsal was almost like this. http://s1214.photobucket.com/user/I...DragonFMPKMalesMedusa116_zpsc3e25431.jpg.html

Yes I'm hoping Daniel comes up with snakeskin bodied Bettas! They would look fabulous.

Thank you. His color is cool. From above he looks pinkish, from the side he looks kind of blue. He is supposed to be platinum and black with a full mask. Long story but the seller sent me a replacement I believe, not the actual fish I purchased. But it's ok, I do like him.

When my son chose our beta R2 D2, I thought he was pretty borring looking compared to lets say the crown tail beta! Also the colour was just boring blue in the dim light of the store shelf! But now that he's in his bowl on my son's desk, he reminds me of the Alexandrite gemstone that changes colours from red to blue depending on the lighting. :)

He is lovely

Back
Top Bottom