Post your Betta Pics Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I wanted to ask y'all a question. How do y'all feel about the baby bettas that are sold unsexed at the pet stores? Good idea or bad?

And I like the idea of watching it grow up and get its colors but I think I'd be disappointed if I wanted a male and ended up with a dull female or something...

Sent from my XT1058 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Bettas are probably the worst fish to get that is unsexed in my opinion.... I'm sure it's clear why :/
Why do you ask? And who sells them unsexed?

87803-albums13776-picture65377.jpg

Blue Girl Fish (no name)
87803-albums13776-picture65378.jpg

Pretty Fish (female)
87803-albums13776-picture65379.jpg

Red Girl FIsh (no name)
87803-albums13776-picture65374.jpg

Blue Cute Fish (male halfmoon-he's beautiful but he's a big weenie)

I love my girls they were a rescue and have so much personality! THey are also very friendly (to the point that pretty fish let my 2 year old pick her up! Bad decision! She spent 2.5 hours on the floor before I found her:nono: )

Lastly our original betta:
87803-albums13776-picture65347.jpg

Cute Fish (the 1st) He was all personality!
Crowntail Male. Muddy (and huge) body and purple fins. My son loved him so much.

This was at meijers today and I was just astonished. I can't believe people buy these for their betta. Its just blatantly cruel, no matter how much you know about fish... The pic isn't exaggerating either. That's about the proper proportions...

Attachments

• 1392529347220.jpg
    1392529347220.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 130
This was at meijers today and I was just astonished. I can't believe people buy these for their betta. Its just blatantly cruel, no matter how much you know about fish... The pic isn't exaggerating either. That's about the proper proportions...

Thats no tank thats a solo cup

Tell me about it. Like I could just use that as an everyday drinking glass..

Tell me about it. Like I could just use that as an everyday drinking glass..

I wouldnt even put baby shrimp in there i would just use it as a decorative aquarium garden.

Back
Top Bottom