Post your full tank shot here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks good so far.....what kind of rock are you putting in for the caves?

Remember, amateurs built the Ark and professionals built the Titanic.

Im not 100% sure what it is to be honest. I picked it up from one of my LFS today.

Caleb

Might have a slight obsession with my fish

First stocking for my sons 29 gallon glo fish tank. 3 neon yellow glo tetras, colbalt blue lobster, and an albino pleco.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Did anyone explain Lobsters and Crays are predatory and will kill any fish they can catch ???

Did you put in real wood for the Pleco ? He and the Lobster may fight over caves.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My newly rescaped tank

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1422789766620.jpg
    1422789766620.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 139
Did anyone explain Lobsters and Crays are predatory and will kill any fish they can catch ???

Did you put in real wood for the Pleco ? He and the Lobster may fight over caves.

+1 unless you have fast fish like danios, some barbs, and some tetras. Good luck if it catches them that's it.

Caleb

Hey Darylb, what lights are you using? Looks great!

Just some 165 watt full spectrum leds fully dimmable they were pretty cheap to

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Let me guess, Chinese leds? I have some on my tank and love them.

Yes I was warned, I have since moved the lobster this is own cave filled 10 gallon. I wanted to give him a chance. I thought better of it when I watched him snatch a brand new neon Tetra 5 minutes after putting it in the tank. I have algae wafers for the rumynose. All is well now. I did enjoy watching the pleco chase the lobster around when the lobster decided to invade her cave. At any rate, I tried and lesson learned. Thanks for posting this, I was stubborn and learned the hard way :-(

29 gallon is mostly fully stocked now:
3 neon yellow glo fish
3 red tail platy
2 gold doubloons
5 err 4 neon Tetra
1 albino rumynose

View attachment 262941
View attachment 262942

Better view

Caleb

Looks good, but if you're going for African cichlids you'll need a lot more rocks and caves than that. Most people go with large pieces of Texas holy rock that provides plenty of holes and caves for the fish. Basically for Africans you want a million rocks and caves for each of them.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Looks good, but if you're going for African cichlids you'll need a lot more rocks and caves than that. Most people go with large pieces of Texas holy rock that provides plenty of holes and caves for the fish. Basically for Africans you want a million rocks and caves for each of them.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I'm getting peacocks and Haps. From what I have read they don't hide near as much as Mbuna do.

Caleb

~10g tiger barbs
~45g tetras/dojo loach/clown pleco
~75g going to be African cichlids

Do you mean Albino Bristlenose ?

A Rummynose is a Tetra, not a Pleco.
BN Pleco is easy abbreviation.

Yup it is an albino bristlenose. For some reason my phone likes to change things. The crayfish has adjusted to his nice new tank, all other fish seem happy and at home.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you post closeups of the crayfish & lobster?.

I have done a rescape as I wanted them to have more swimming and growing room.

img_3151399_0_6067d83b0119e6cad40138b94862e6b5.jpg

@Jwitter, I have a Maroon Red Lobster which I keep with other fishes. Very small fishes like Neon or Cardinal Tetras, endlers etc will get eaten over time. Danios when small may also get eaten if the lobster can climb high. Otherwise they don't really attack larger fish unless they seem sick. Your lobster is really beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom