Post your full tank shot here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tanks always look so beautiful in the beginning. Why do mine always turn out so dirty

ErinMcG said:
That is a gorgeous tank! What kind of rainbows are they?

Thanks everyone for the compliments. It's been a long road with trial and error to get it to look like that and especially difficult with no LFS to tap for ideas/knowledge. I got almost all of my plants from aquabid.com and fish stick from aquarium fish.net.

The rainbows are boesemani rainbows and are brilliantly colored, just takes 6 months or so for them to mature and have the colors develop. I actually have some videos on YouTube of them when I first got them and you can see them mature in color, just search for leftysav and you should find them easily. The rest of the stock is Siamese algae eater(1), false julii Cory cat(3), fire ring danios(7) and a few nerite snails.

ryan-peddle said:
Very nice man what's in er for livestock?

It's actually my girlfriends grandpa's tank not mine unfortunately :( but he has a few cory cats couple algae eaters and some various tetras, he only has about 10 fish in it now but is gonna add some more sometime soon

Mumma.of.two said:
5?! *faints*

Tanks looks good!

Mumma- 2 of the goldfish have died. It's not my water. Everything is zero except for nitrates which looked to be 20-40. I've decided that if the others don't die I'm taking them back to the pet store. They came out of the feeder fish tank so I think that's why they are dying. I'm going to start a thread about stocking my tank now.

Bearchumjs said:
Mumma- 2 of the goldfish have died. It's not my water. Everything is zero except for nitrates which looked to be 20-40. I've decided that if the others don't die I'm taking them back to the pet store. They came out of the feeder fish tank so I think that's why they are dying. I'm going to start a thread about stocking my tank now.

Feeder fish should be really healthy too because your feeding them to your fish that's not why they died there is some other reason

ryan-peddle said:
Feeder fish should be really healthy too because your feeding them to your fish that's not why they died there is some other reason

When the lady opened the tank the water smelled real bad. I should have said i didnt want them. I was thinking they were sick because of that.

Ok, maybe not the best full tank shot, seeing as my tea cup is in the way, but it was holding up the mirror for Alfred. This is my new 5 gallon for my betta, Alfred. After setting up a new tank for my son's betta, Jupiter, I wanted more space for Alfred too. I lucked into this tank second hand and went with black gravel and sand. He's got a sponge filter, tucked behind some silk plants. He has a ping pong ball that he likes to blow bubbles around and a sabre-toothed rat skull to hang out in. When he sleeps in the skull, his tail flows out of the mouth... It's both funny and disturbing. :)

Here's a video of the tank:

Attachments

• image-1091948549.jpg
    image-1091948549.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 124
My 33 gallon freshwater aquarium.

4 Blue Botia (red finned loaches)
6 Rosy Tetras
2 Boesemani Rainbowfish
1 Albino Bristlenose Pleco
1 African Dwarf Frog

aqimage.jpg

danstock said:
My 33 gallon freshwater aquarium.

4 Blue Botia (red finned loaches)
6 Rosy Tetras
2 Boesemani Rainbowfish
1 Albino Bristlenose Pleco
1 African Dwarf Frog

Beautiful tank! That DW is awesome.

20 gallon planted low tech.

Betta
lampeye killie's
clown killie's
cardinal tetra
Australian desert goby

Attachments

• IMG_20120326_201730.jpg
    IMG_20120326_201730.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 187
Beautiful tank! That DW is awesome.
Thanks! It's a really cool piece.

It's actually hollow down the entire length and all 4 loaches (ranging from 3.5" to about 5" currently) fit inside and love it. There are small holes throughout that the 2 smallest can squeeze in and out of, but there are 3 "main" entrances: one underneath and two over by the skull (one going out the back, one out the front). Makes for some really neat territorial battles to "control" the DW but, in the end, they all bunk up inside it happily.

Definitely makes for a cool centerpiece! (y)

danstock said:
Thanks! It's a really cool piece.

It's actually hollow down the entire length and all 4 loaches (ranging from 3.5" to about 5" currently) fit inside and love it. There are small holes throughout that the 2 smallest can squeeze in and out of, but there are 3 "main" entrances: one underneath and two over by the skull (one going out the back, one out the front). Makes for some really neat territorial battles to "control" the DW but, in the end, they all bunk up inside it happily.

Definitely makes for a cool centerpiece! (y)

It'd be fun to watch them playing "king of the driftwood.". :)

Back
Top Bottom