Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-07-2011, 08:22 PM   #741
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

This is my 20 gallon tall aquarium ive been keeping for a few months now. Ever since i started with a beta, my one-tracked mind has gotten me crazy for fish! I've had my beta for a year now in a 5 gallon sitting on the kitchen table. I hope to get a 10 gallon setup for him for more room to move.
The special thing about this aquarium that i'm posting, is it hardly cost me anything. I got the tank for a good price from a classified website. Theres 2 platy's that i got from the petstore. The 10 guppy fries were given to me from a friend (shes got 300 more at home). All the driftwood, rocks, gravel, hornwort and (jungle val i beleive?) i aquired from scavenging my local river. I take my pup with me and he jumps in and swims while i gather my aquarium supplies..lol. I boiled the driftwood for 5 hours, rocks and gravel for 30 min, and gave the plants a really good rinse.
Even though i'm a beginner, I'm right into aquascaping, and this is a great place to get some ideas! Ive used "aquariumadvice.com" lots to gain tons of knowledge about my betta and the other fish.
Sorry for the long reply, keep up the great work guys!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RiverAquariumSM.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	55341  

Old 10-07-2011, 08:23 PM   #742
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMills27
This is my 20 gallon tall aquarium ive been keeping for a few months now. Ever since i started with a beta, my one-tracked mind has gotten me crazy for fish! I've had my beta for a year now in a 5 gallon sitting on the kitchen table. I hope to get a 10 gallon setup for him for more room to move.
The special thing about this aquarium that i'm posting, is it hardly cost me anything. I got the tank for a good price from a classified website. Theres 2 platy's that i got from the petstore. The 10 guppy fries were given to me from a friend (shes got 300 more at home). All the driftwood, rocks, gravel, hornwort and (jungle val i beleive?) i aquired from scavenging my local river. I take my pup with me and he jumps in and swims while i gather my aquarium supplies..lol. I boiled the driftwood for 5 hours, rocks and gravel for 30 min, and gave the plants a really good rinse.
Even though i'm a beginner, I'm right into aquascaping, and this is a great place to get some ideas! Ive used "aquariumadvice.com" lots to gain tons of knowledge about my betta and the other fish.
Looks good! It looks very natural!

redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:11 PM   #743

Thank you redsea for reply. Forgot to mention that under that driftwood there is a huge army of snails ready to deploy! I occasionally see 1 or 2 scouts moving along the glass. When it gets bad ill have to start taking them out.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:12 PM   #744
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMills27 View Post
Thank you redsea for reply. Forgot to mention that under that driftwood there is a huge army of snails ready to deploy! I occasionally see 1 or 2 scouts moving along the glass. When it gets bad ill have to start taking them out.
Yep, they can be annoying because of how quickly they multiply.
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:40 PM   #745
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to kdpuffer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMills27
Very nice, love the natural look. What kind of plant is that tall one? I got some of that for free from my LFS and have no idea what it is, grows like a weed though.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:03 PM   #746
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Pics if the 55g...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-4225360757.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	55501   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2147764602.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	55502  

Name:	image-275084053.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	55503   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4242873037.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	55504  

Old 10-09-2011, 09:30 PM   #747
Aquarium Advice Activist

My Planted Tanks

What a fun thread Here are my tanks:
115G, 39G, 10G for the GB Rams and 10G Grow Out Tank currently housing Plecs and Rams

Thanks for letting me share
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	0911111159.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	254.4 KB
ID:	55635   Click image for larger version

Name:	0911111158a.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	246.8 KB
ID:	55636  

Name:	DSCN5869.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	254.1 KB
ID:	55637   Click image for larger version

Name:	0913111701a.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	254.1 KB
ID:	55687  

Old 10-10-2011, 03:55 AM   #748

I really like the look of your tanks Clare. Nice variety of plants and driftwood!
Old 10-10-2011, 06:36 AM   #749
Aquarium Advice Freak

Very healthy looking plants they are too!
Old 10-10-2011, 10:49 AM   #750
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thanks a lot! My LFS has a maintenance department that has helped me choose wisely. I use Flourish Excel in them about 3x a week to maintain the growth though I do have a C02 system on the 39G but rarely use it as it is not on a timer and I am afraid I will forget after lights out Fish have spawned in the 39 & 10 tanks so I guess I have a system down, though for the life of me I don't know what it is LOL
Thanks again!

Tags
aquarium, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com