Post your full tank shot here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very nice tanks all of you. I wish I had half the talent of some of you!

55 Community, freshly rearranged

Thanks to cbwmn, I have a ton more plants in my tank now! I started with the following:

6 various Swords, I think they're all Echinodorus Bleheri
Several dozen Vallisneria Nana
10-12 Bacopa Monnieri (Moneywort)
About 10 Alternanthera Reineckii “Rossaefolia” (Red Temple)
and about 6-7 of another plant I forgot the name of and can't get an ID on, reddish small-leaf plant, similar in size to Moneywort.

Here's 2 months ago
21227-albums414-picture4454.jpg

Here's after receiving the new bunch of plants:
21227-albums414-picture5012.jpg

Here's what it looks like now:
21227-albums414-picture5046.jpg

I added - from L to R - Background:
Limnophila sessiliflora (Asian Marshweed)
Hygrophila polysperma 'Rosanervig' (Sunset Hygrophilia)
Alternanthera Reineckii 'Rossaefolia' (Red Temple) - only the far right is a new one, the rest were relocated
Rotala Rotundifolia (Rotala Indica)
Ludwigia Repens (Red Leaf Ludwigia / Red Repens)

I moved all my Swords to the mid-ground, a few were right against the back glass.

On the left in front of the big sword, I added a bunch of Dwarf Sag, but unfortunately most of it died off because I had to let it float in the tank for a few days, too busy to keep it planted (it was a big bunch) so I hope that comes back.

The Moneywort and the other small red-leaf plant in the foreground also. I moved all of the Vallisneria Nana to my 10g because even though it looks cool, it grows like mad and I have to pull them all & cut the runners apart, and I can't dose Excel like I want to. Now my 10g is jammed with them!

All in all, with a 45% PWC after stirring up a mess, this took a little over an hour and a half. I can't wait to see what it looks like in a few months!

55 Gallon Planted mbuna tank

Hope you like...

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 410
hmm, such amazing tanks here!!!!! makes my 22L look so insignificant lol. But here it is... My 5 Gallon Saltwater tank

And my partner and I also have a 144L which is roughly 38 Gallon Saltwater tank. This is an early photo, the tomato clowns aren't in there anymore and there are a lot of corals and such now :). And instead of the Tang there is a new Cowfish.

My blackwater is 100% natural. all my decor is 100% natural, the DW minus the base piece and mopani on top are all collected in the woods around me, I use oak leaves for tannins as well. I collect atleast 20 minutes into the woods at the oak groves.

I also make my own BWE using fresh oak leaves and organic peat. I am going to collect more on tuesday evening and get them in an aquarium to soak.

Pingu, tht tank looks really cool. What do u keep in it?

Hey :), the Hexy? Im glad you like it!!!! At the moment it is cycling. But when it's ready in about a months time or so and is thoroughly tested I have 2 tiny clownfish lined up and a small Nudibranch :).

Thanks so much, I'm glad you like it so far. Do you have photos of your tanks? I didn't get round to looking at all the posts hehe.

EDIT: I just saw your photos and your tanks look great! I love your Hexy too, it's really cool to see it as a tropical whilst mine is a saltwater. I also have a Siamese Fighting fish in a little tank :)

Hey :), the Hexy? Im glad you like it!!!! At the moment it is cycling. But when it's ready in about a months time or so and is thoroughly tested I have 2 tiny clownfish lined up and a small Nudibranch :).

Thanks so much, I'm glad you like it so far. Do you have photos of your tanks? I didn't get round to looking at all the posts hehe.

EDIT: I just saw your photos and your tanks look great! I love your Hexy too, it's really cool to see it as a tropical whilst mine is a saltwater. I also have a Siamese Fighting fish in a little tank :)

Thanks.

I bought my last piece of live rock today. The one in the bottom right corner of the tank, towards the back. This is the tank how it will be for a while, I love it right now, especially where the little swim through is on the left of the tank. :) I wanted to share hehe.

Back
Top Bottom