Post your full tank shot here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
10 gallon heavily planted with guppy fry and cories.

Attachments

• image-4051213288.jpg
    image-4051213288.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 186
I set up my second planted tank on the weekend. Pretty happy with the scape but i have a piece of driftwood soaking that has to go in still. It took e ages to finalize my stome structure because i couldn't find the right stones from the pile in front of me. I have three buckets full of stones soaking though so in the end i found the right stones to fit (it won't move at all now). Still waiting to buy some pygmy chain sword for the foreground as well.

Excuse the image of my laptop in the background, my phone won't post pictures at the moment. And editing- I can't get the picture to upload here but i gave a link.

https://imageshack.com/i/0rycqij
0rycqij

I don't use any co2 to keep any of the macro's
all I have is a HOB filter packed with cheato that is replaced every 3 weeks
to keep nitrates in check, I grow all my macro's in my feeder tank to keep costs down , since all the fish enjoy munching on the pod infested macro's
also use a modified sea clone skimmer the mods cost me a whopping 50 cents, and the skimmer works great ,

Marine Plants In The Aquarium: An online guide to the identification and care of marine plants and macroalgae in the aquarium.
I learned a ton of stuff from this guide (y)

hi, i have a seaclone skimmer as well. could you share with me what mod you did to it?

Well here is the 20 long after boiling some rocks and drying out the driftwood, plants have had a major die off after being without light for 4 days, gonna get some more plants and go out to the creek to find some more rocks this week end, will post some pics then. Tank is cycling ATM so no fish.

image-150199930.jpg

image-3295426631.jpg

image-2823944841.jpg

image-3314316288.jpg

Here's my 50 GAL palnted tank!!! PS: sorry for the bad quality of the pic...

Attachments

• DSC_0827.jpg
    DSC_0827.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 179
3 pics from beginning to today. Originally just had a couple of fake plants and the Colosseum, then I added the caves, and finally switched all of the fake plants out for live!

Hope you all like it!

Attachments

• original.jpg
    original.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 156
  • new tank.jpg
    new tank.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 247
  • updated tank.jpg
    updated tank.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 465
3 pics from beginning to today. Originally just had a couple of fake plants and the Colosseum, then I added the caves, and finally switched all of the fake plants out for live!

Hope you all like it!

Never had the chance to use fake plants. But glad you made the switch, looks beautiful! Live plants are awesome!

Back
Top Bottom