Post your full tank shot here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My 55 Gallon

77805-albums12169-picture58293.jpg

It's hollow, too with an opening from the top piece sticking up, one from the back, one from the bottom, one from the front that you can see toward the glass, and one on the right. The fish love going in it. I thought it looked too big. I ask people all the time. But, the fish love it and are in there all the time.

New here! My freshwater tank (and only tank!) :) :fish1:

Attachments

• (20.06.13).jpg
    (20.06.13).jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 130
This 29 gallon South American tank is just about 2 months old. It is my only tank.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 116
I actually also have a 225 gallon salt! Haha I'm only 16 and I work for my LFS so I purchased both of these while my mom was out of town set them up. She was extremely mad but she absolutely loves them now.

You sly dog! How much did a 225 cost you? Where I live biggest you can get is Around 70. And that's only at petsmart and they are all horrible top fins with he worst caulking known to man.

You sly dog! How much did a 225 cost you? Where I live biggest you can get is Around 70. And that's only at petsmart and they are all horrible top fins with he worst caulking known to man.

I got the 225 from my friend who owned a local fish store it was a display tank and she closed down so she gave it to me for free. Then my 240 I got on Craigslist with a sump stand canopy and slimmer for 200 bucks. It was a once in a life time deal.

I got the 225 from my friend who owned a local fish store it was a display tank and she closed down so she gave it to me for free. Then my 240 I got on Craigslist with a sump stand canopy and slimmer for 200 bucks. It was a once in a life time deal.

Ya that would hardly get me a 55 gallon nice deals!

Is that an amazon twig :) what substrate is that ?

Lol, okay not a an Amazon, not even a South Amercan twig, more like a Southern California twig-- Manzanita. The substrate is Black Petco sand. I use Floursh root tabs to feed the plants, as well as Flourish comprehensive and Flourish excel. The sand just holds 'em down.

Lol, okay not a an Amazon, not even a South Amercan twig, more like a Southern California twig-- Manzanita. The substrate is Black Petco sand. I use Floursh root tabs to feed the plants, as well as Flourish comprehensive and Flourish excel. The sand just holds 'em down.

What I like about this tank is the simplicity. A few well placed stones that stand out against the rather uniform colored sand. Not overly crowded with a jungle of aquatic plants; the ground cover (what appears to be dwarf sag) is mimicking the stones. And the manzanita stands out; it is eye catching against the green backdrop.

I always promoted the manzanita plus moss look but keeping flame moss trimmed to the right shape (for me it grows wild and unruly at times) can be a chore. That's what I have at the moment in my shrimp tank and I may pull it out, strip off the moss and reboil it (second round of the fungus on it). I thought about getting the Petco black sand but they were selling EcoComplete at $9 per bag so I could not pass it up. I may have to rethink that. The EC is not quite black; has flecks of tan, red, gray in it. I am keeping two types of crypts that should do okay in sand (with root supplements as well). Or I can keep some of the EC and cap it with the black sand.

Sorry to ramble on here but looking at your tank really got me into thinking about what I can do to my tank.

What I like about this tank is the simplicity. A few well placed stones that stand out against the rather uniform colored sand. Not overly crowded with a jungle of aquatic plants; the ground cover (what appears to be dwarf sag) is mimicking the stones. And the manzanita stands out; it is eye catching against the green backdrop.

I always promoted the manzanita plus moss look but keeping flame moss trimmed to the right shape (for me it grows wild and unruly at times) can be a chore. That's what I have at the moment in my shrimp tank and I may pull it out, strip off the moss and reboil it (second round of the fungus on it). I thought about getting the Petco black sand but they were selling EcoComplete at $9 per bag so I could not pass it up. I may have to rethink that. The EC is not quite black; has flecks of tan, red, gray in it. I am keeping two types of crypts that should do okay in sand (with root supplements as well). Or I can keep some of the EC and cap it with the black sand.

Sorry to ramble on here but looking at your tank really got me into thinking about what I can do to my tank.

That's deep

Thanks for the input and your very kind comments. I really enjoyed hearing your thoughts for your own tank.

Part of the manzanita size is what fits through the acrylic tank opening and what I could afford. i got it from Manzanita-Driftwood.com and picked it out from the exact pic and dimensions. The granite river stones are from a LFS. I was inspired by Iwagumi, though this is by no means Iwagumi.

You are right, that is dwarf sag.

This is my first real planted tank. Years ago I would float a bunch of anarcharis, but that doesn't really count. When I got the sand I hadn't decided to go planted. I bought the sand for the corys I plan to house when the tank is just a bit older.

I've never used EC so I hope someone who has can answer.

Last edited:
Full Tank Shot - 120 Gallon Reef

Seems we have strayed from the topic.
Here is my 120 Gallon Reef. Freshly recovered from a heater explosion. Its been a long 4 months.

61709-albums9971-picture58730.jpg

Back
Top Bottom