Post your full tank shot here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mmmmm i have a few grass type plants at the back but i think the ones your on about are part of the poster on the back of the tank ( the long grass type that reach the top of tank ) sorry to burst the bubble lol, and iam sure ill continue to change the tank probably to full heavy planted tetra tank, once i get my 450l bow front

Ah, bubble burst, lol. Looks different from a larger screen, just call me Mr (Mrs.) Magoo (cartoon version if you need a point of reference, lol). I can see it now, but the grasses you have works great, and you have a nice combination of colors and textures. So still very nice!

Thanks AutumnSky! It's not quite as hard as you may think.

I take that as encouragement... Thinking still of having a start with something simple, but yours is so beautiful. I am not thinking my budget of next to nothing for a SW would yield me that! Lovely job, for sure.

Just saw Melosu58's new SW tank of the month TOTM and it is also a wonder to behold.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/april-2014-totm-melosu58-125-gallon-reef/

I am enamoured now with SW. All these years of not getting TOO interested...ruined and I think you are partly to blame, :facepalm: !

Last edited:
I take that as encouragement... Thinking still of having a start with something simple, but yours is so beautiful. I am not thinking my budget of next to nothing for a SW would yield me that! Lovely job, for sure.

Just saw Melosu58's new SW tank of the month TOTM and it is also a wonder to behold.
April 2014 TOTM : Melosu58 125 Gallon Reef - Aquarium Advice

I am enamoured now with SW. All these years of not getting TOO interested...ruined and I think you are partly to blame, :facepalm: !

Yeah I know how you feel about that temptation. I recently acquired a used 35g drilled tank with a nice overflow. It's really tempting to set it up for salt. I have focused every bit of my attention on FW though so i'll probably just fill it with plants for now and let the idea grow on me

I don't want to twist your arm towards the salty side but the option is there to start out in reef with FOWLR. Just add corals when you can afford them.

And without quoting the reply about shrimp yesterday, i think i may have a few hanging around near my java moss encased filter. An adult emerged from the moss that i couldn't see today so babies could hide well enough. I'll probably shift the shrimp out into a breeding tank then add some to the Kuhli tank again when they breed.

Ah, bubble burst, lol. Looks different from a larger screen, just call me Mr (Mrs.) Magoo (cartoon version if you need a point of reference, lol). I can see it now, but the grasses you have works great, and you have a nice combination of colors and textures. So still very nice!

Thats very kind of you to say makes me feel like iam on the right track with this new fishy adventure lol

My newly acquired 56 gallon corner tank. Currently stocked with 2 angelfish, 1 four line pim and a common pleco. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396800636.996924.jpg

Thanks. That is actually the same tank. Driftwood on the right, plants on the left. I run CO2 in that one, the plants are green, but they will not pearl.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/april-2014-totm-melosu58-125-gallon-reef/

LOL! You can blame me all you want, you'll thank me one day when you get one up! I've seen Melosu58's tank alot, its awesome! He's to blame for me keeping my red linckia star and I'm glad he did because he's one of my favorites. Believe it or not mine is a budget tank for sure. It started freshwater, got a GSP, went brackish, then full marine with him. Loved that puffer. Then it lead from one thing to another. Skimmer, light upgrade, CORAL! I drills, plumbed, built stand, used dry lace rock, bought cheap drags and it just slowly but surely fills up nicely with patience. I love it.

My first tank ever. 29 Gal., I have 3 Dwarf gouramis, 10 neon tetras, 3 red eye tetras, 3 dwarf neon rainbows, and a clown pleco in it. :D

Mac 11, love that you didn't go with the common Pleco, love the set up and love the scape. do you get too see your pleco that much.

Thank you! I am happy I went with the clown too, such a cool bottom dweller. My pleco has his usual hiding places but he comes out pretty often. Always a treat to see!

My first tank ever. 29 Gal., I have 3 Dwarf gouramis, 10 neon tetras, 3 red eye tetras, 3 dwarf neon rainbows, and a clown pleco in it. :D

What an incredible tank! And I don't think anyone could ever tell it's your first one! Excellent stock too!

Back
Top Bottom