Post your full tank shot here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is my first attempt at a NPT/el natural/Walstad tank:

img_3185210_0_7be8e6cacc7bdcc851de82516f3b4349.jpg

Thanks Theresa! It's about 47 US gal. So that's the jungle, where my endlers live along with small kribs. I like to watch this my TV (reality shows) rather then a cable... :popcorn:

This is my first attempt at a NPT/el natural/Walstad tank:
Interesting piece... is it any low-tech mini with Invertebrates only? I must say, I had to google what does Walstad mean actually. And I can say, I have learnt something new tonight! :thanks:

Thanks Theresa! It's about 47 US gal. So that's the jungle, where my endlers live along with small kribs. I like to watch this my TV (reality shows) rather then a cable... :popcorn:

I noticed a krib right away! And I completely agree with you about watching fish over tv (y)

Interesting piece... is it any low-tech mini with Invertebrates only? I must say, I had to google what does Walstad mean actually. And I can say, I have learnt something new tonight! :thanks:

No tech: no heater, light, filter, ferts. I only use dechlorinator.

I had the empty tank, gravel, and plant clippings; just had to buy potting soil so I thought I'd give it a try.

One bumblebee nerite in the tank plus 6 neo shrimp from my other tanks.

No tech, but art! (y) I realize how hard is eco-balance to create and keep it in aquarium steadily. In my Rio-jungle I use 2x45W neon tubes, CO2 set and then I (must) use PMDD, since NO3 level is near 0, what can (and it does!) cause problems with BGA... But I guess, there's no much choice for this type of tank if I want to keep it near today's look...

No tech, but art! (y) I realize how hard is eco-balance to create and keep it in aquarium steadily. In my Rio-jungle I use 2x45W neon tubes, CO2 set and then I (must) use PMDD, since NO3 level is near 0, what can (and it does!) cause problems with BGA... But I guess, there's no much choice for this type of tank if I want to keep it near today's look...

My daughter is a chemistry major in college, sometimes I feel like a chemist with my other tanks :rolleyes:

Here is an update on my 40 gal. with a few new additions. These were taken first thing in the morning as soon as the light came on. :bb:

iMJ2Roi.jpg

dBZmR3n.jpg

Here is an update on my 40 gal. with a few new additions. These were taken first thing in the morning as soon as the light came on. :bb:

iMJ2Roi.jpg

dBZmR3n.jpg

That's stunning! Would love a tank like that :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Back
Top Bottom