Post your full tank shot here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is an update on my 40 gal. with a few new additions. These were taken first thing in the morning as soon as the light came on. :bb:

iMJ2Roi.jpg

dBZmR3n.jpg

*cough* tank of the month *cough*

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Thanks everyone! It feels great to share the hard work I put into it for others to enjoy as well! Tank of the month?... I'll gladly take it! I wonder if they will ever bring it back here on AA. And yea it id only a 40 breeder, just slightly packed! ;)

What's that white disc looking thing on the top of the left driftwood?

Why its the wing from the downed mig fighter of course! Youll see the mig near the center, its left wing broken off behind, while its right wing is up in the "tree!" Basically simulating the plane crashing into the tree...

Why its the wing from the downed mig fighter of course! Youll see the mig near the center, its left wing broken off behind, while its right wing is up in the "tree!" Basically simulating the plane crashing into the tree...

Ok now that is cool!! I thought it was a rock holding the dw down at first...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

142 Gallon Reef Tank

This tank is in the perfect spot in my house. I sit in the office almost all day and I have a straight view from the office to the tank. The tank is also viewable from the living room and kitchen.:dance:

BUT I'M TORN ON THE LIGHTING. Currently have 2 Kessil a150's. Should I sell the 2 and get 2 a360WE's? OR... Should I add 2 a160WE's to the existing 150's?
:confused::confused::confused:

Attachments

• KakaoTalk_Photo_2015-03-16-14-40-43_33.jpeg
    KakaoTalk_Photo_2015-03-16-14-40-43_33.jpeg
    56.9 KB · Views: 118
  • KakaoTalk_Photo_2015-03-16-14-41-01_39.jpeg
    KakaoTalk_Photo_2015-03-16-14-41-01_39.jpeg
    54.2 KB · Views: 109
Another pic from before I changed the reefscape

This was about a year ago when I first got the Kessil a150's

Attachments

• KakaoTalk_Photo_2015-03-17-22-00-42_58.jpeg
    KakaoTalk_Photo_2015-03-17-22-00-42_58.jpeg
    43 KB · Views: 110
Here's my 55 gallon and 220 gallon. The 220 has been a headache but we are getting there. I'll post pictures when we are done.

Sent from my E6782 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1426881206313.jpg
    1426881206313.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 113
  • 1426881234777.jpg
    1426881234777.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 140
  • 1426881301465.jpg
    1426881301465.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 116
Carlos, good start! Just note, Dracaena is not an aquatic plant! It will sooner or later decompose in your aquarium, what can have very negative impact on water quality and fish's health...

Here's my 55 gallon and 220 gallon. The 220 has been a headache but we are getting there. I'll post pictures when we are done.

Awesome tanks. In pic #2 the white ribbon plant is not actually fully aquatic. If the leaves are submerged they will eventually wilt and die.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Awesome tanks. In pic #2 the white ribbon plant is not actually fully aquatic. If the leaves are submerged they will eventually wilt and die.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Carlos, good start! Just note, Dracaena is not an aquatic plant! It will sooner or later decompose in your aquarium, what can have very negative impact on water quality and fish's health...

Oh wow, I had no idea. I don't know much about plants so I kind of assumed they could all go underwater. But I appreciate it very much. I'll take it out today. I want plants that are low maintenance and provide protection for some of the bottom dwellers. Any suggestions?

Oh wow, I had no idea. I don't know much about plants so I kind of assumed they could all go underwater. But I appreciate it very much. I'll take it out today. I want plants that are low maintenance and provide protection for some of the bottom dwellers. Any suggestions?

Anubias, Java Fern, Amazon swords(needs root tablets), hornwort, water sprite. All easy low maintenance plants. Please note you do not plant Anubias or Java Fern, they are tied down to rocks or driftwood and feed off the water column. Hornwort you can shove in a hole in a rock or let it float.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I've lost count how many times we have gone hand in harnd with plant advise only minutes from each other :p

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Anubias, Java Fern, Amazon swords(needs root tablets), hornwort, water sprite. All easy low maintenance plants. Please note you do not plant Anubias or Java Fern, they are tied down to rocks or driftwood and feed off the water column. Hornwort you can shove in a hole in a rock or let it float.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Caleb,

I appreciate very much. Are those easy to find at a LFS or am I better off online?

I've lost count how many times we have gone hand in harnd with plant advise only minutes from each other :p

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Caleb,

I appreciate very much. Are those easy to find at a LFS or am I better off online?

I've seen all of those at about every LFS except water sprite. Had to order it.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Anubias, Java Fern, Amazon swords(needs root tablets), hornwort, water sprite. All easy low maintenance plants. Please note you do not plant Anubias or Java Fern, they are tied down to rocks or driftwood and feed off the water column. Hornwort you can shove in a hole in a rock or let it float. Caleb
Sent via TARDIS

+ somebody says aquatic "weed", but regardless they do a perfect job while creating stable eco-system in cycled/postcycled freshwater aquarium and food/hide for fish if necessary:
Vallisneria spiralis, Cryptocoryne affinis, Christmas Moss, Java Moss, Sagittaria subulata, Echinodorus subulatus, Riccia fluitans, Ludwigia repens, Bacopa monnieri, Bacopa caroliniana, Nymphaea lotus, Limnophila sessiliflora,...

Back
Top Bottom