Post your full tank shot here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just realized how blurry that shot is. I guess that's what I get for taking it from a video. And yeah I had that problem with an Anthia a little while ago. It was a long battle I lost. My new one is happy and healthy so far (fingers crossed)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I just noticed the two wrasse's (fairy wrasse types I believe, can't tell which kind though) and I have to say they are my favorite sw fish I love small wrasse types

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I just noticed the two wrasse's (fairy wrasse types I believe, can't tell which kind though) and I have to say they are my favorite sw fish I love small wrasse types

Yes! I have 2 Mccosker Flasher Wrasse! They are amazing active and entertaining fish! Full of personality and cool. It was a long road trying to get them in my tank but it's totally worth it. Easily one of my favorite fish.

Monday Funday!

I really love your tank because of the videos. Seeing the fish going throughout the rock work really helps to see how much depth it all has. It's something I hope to do soon when I buy more rock.

I really love your tank because of the videos. Seeing the fish going throughout the rock work really helps to see how much depth it all has. It's something I hope to do soon when I buy more rock.

Thank you!! You wish you had my depth and I wish I had your flahsers. If you look at my older videos you'll see one, unfortunately he died from internal parasites. Did you treat yours for internal worms? Mine went from seemingly healthy to dead in under a week.

Yes! I have 2 Mccosker Flasher Wrasse! They are amazing active and entertaining fish! Full of personality and cool. It was a long road trying to get them in my tank but it's totally worth it. Easily one of my favorite fish.

I can see one if female (not entirely sure bc of how far away it is) which is why I thought it was a fairy wrasse bc of the less vibrant neon stripes and the other is so close to the ground I can't tell but I believe male. I had a female longfin fairy wrasse that did amazing, only problem was she and my yellow coris ate all the mandrin food (copepods) and he began to starve so he went in my friends sumo and grew fat and began to get quite large before a hitchhiking rock crap snagged him. Anyways, wrasse's are awesome. I love how they explore and dart through the coral and rock. If I still had my sw tank up no doubt I would have lots of wrasse's. A creole wrasse is also very interested, yet hard to find, I kept one but didn't know enough about them and he died before I realized they can become extremely depressed when kept alone as they are very very social fish, and need to be kept in groups of at least 3, they are gorgeous though. As juveniles they are purple, pink, and yellow and as adults they look more like anthis but are primarily purple/blue, black, and yellow

Thank you!! You wish you had my depth and I wish I had your flahsers. If you look at my older videos you'll see one, unfortunately he died from internal parasites. Did you treat yours for internal worms? Mine went from seemingly healthy to dead in under a week.

They are really great fish..I didn't treat mine for anything but it was a challenge to get the 2 I have now. It's so hard to find healthy Mccosker wrasse I feel. My LFS either sell them as "assorted" wrasse and have no clue what they are or other stores know but they happen to be torn up and unhealthy. From the time I got my first one to my second one it spanned months but I got lucky and they are both doing well. Keep an eye out they are worth hunting for!

I know my lfs can get them in, saw one a few weeks after I got one, but next time I'll be treating with Prazi-Pro before adding. Don't wanna loose another fish to worms

I know my lfs can get them in, saw one a few weeks after I got one, but next time I'll be treating with Prazi-Pro before adding. Don't wanna loose another fish to worms

My LFS has em all the time. They quarantine their new arrivals for a week before selling them, lots of deworming and parasite treatment along with disease treatment. I have never seen a fish there die of disease of parasites, only dead fish are ones bullied to death by the other fish. This particular store specializes in sw and only sells sw fish and inverts along with coral and supplies. The owner and his wife both have kept reef tanks for over 20 years and their employees have kept reefs going for over 2 years at least.

I can see one if female (not entirely sure bc of how far away it is) which is why I thought it was a fairy wrasse bc of the less vibrant neon stripes and the other is so close to the ground I can't tell but I believe male. I had a female longfin fairy wrasse that did amazing, only problem was she and my yellow coris ate all the mandrin food (copepods) and he began to starve so he went in my friends sumo and grew fat and began to get quite large before a hitchhiking rock crap snagged him. Anyways, wrasse's are awesome. I love how they explore and dart through the coral and rock. If I still had my sw tank up no doubt I would have lots of wrasse's. A creole wrasse is also very interested, yet hard to find, I kept one but didn't know enough about them and he died before I realized they can become extremely depressed when kept alone as they are very very social fish, and need to be kept in groups of at least 3, they are gorgeous though. As juveniles they are purple, pink, and yellow and as adults they look more like anthis but are primarily purple/blue, black, and yellow

I share the same thoughts about wrasse with you they are great. When mine flash each other it's like foil in the sun it's so cool. They just dart around the tank and swirl around each other. The one thing I hope doesn't become an issue is that the wrasse at the bottom of this picture was in the tank alone for along time. It grew and is fairly decent size now. But it never took on the colorations or filament of a male. The wrasse above I bought and he without a doubt had all the physical signs of being a male although he was at least half the size of the wrasse I already had. I recently posted about my smaller wrasse because I was worried for him. I feel as though my larger one is clearly trying to show dominance over the smaller and they are basically switching roles. Now my smaller wrasse is losing coloration while the bigger is gaining. At least in my eyes but I don't even know if this is possible. I don't really want to get too far off topic of this thread though. If you guys want to talk about it I would love to in the thread I started about my Mccoskers.

I share the same thoughts about wrasse with you they are great. When mine flash each other it's like foil in the sun it's so cool. They just dart around the tank and swirl around each other. The one thing I hope doesn't become an issue is that the wrasse at the bottom of this picture was in the tank alone for along time. It grew and is fairly decent size now. But it never took on the colorations or filament of a male. The wrasse above I bought and he without a doubt had all the physical signs of being a male although he was at least half the size of the wrasse I already had. I recently posted about my smaller wrasse because I was worried for him. I feel as though my larger one is clearly trying to show dominance over the smaller and they are basically switching roles. Now my smaller wrasse is losing coloration while the bigger is gaining. At least in my eyes but I don't even know if this is possible. I don't really want to get too far off topic of this thread though. If you guys want to talk about it I would love to in the thread I started about my Mccoskers.

Pm me the link to your thread, i can't find it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Can you pm it to me as well

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1453829444.060664.jpg

My first tank! Only been going a month and I currently only have stocked an opaline gourami and an angelfish. Getting more soon!

This isn't my tank. But the one at my psychiatrist's office. They seem to have lost a couple of fish. But have 2 adult guppies and at least two guppy fry along with a pink glo getra. I just had to share. I love watching their fish. And was so excited to see guppy fry. It inspired me to add male guppies to my male endler tank. Eeek! :D Aren't they so cute?!

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1453926056667.jpg
    1453926056667.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 101
  • 1453926072227.jpg
    1453926072227.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 94
This isn't my tank. But the one at my psychiatrist's office. They seem to have lost a couple of fish. But have 2 adult guppies and at least two guppy fry along with a pink glo getra. I just had to share. I love watching their fish. And was so excited to see guppy fry. It inspired me to add male guppies to my male endler tank. Eeek! :D Aren't they so cute?!

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Those are platies not guppies

Back
Top Bottom