Post your full tank shot here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello Aut...

Did you click on the attachments below the posts?

B

I did. Nothing happened. I pasted the underlying URL into a browser and a screen appeared prompting me to sign into Google. What I suspect is a permission issue with the images. Is there an option to make these images "public"? That might help.

Here's one of my "Terraphyte" tanks. These are tanks that use land plants for most of the filtration. Certain house plants like the Aglaonema, will remove all forms of nitrogen, but only during the day. You need a backup filter system with a bacteria colony to remove nitrogen at night when the house plants rest. Water changes are recommended, but not required as long as you top off the tank with water that's distilled or run through a Reverse Osmosis system.

This a 60 G with a good number of Red Wag Platys, Fancy Guppies, Orange Saddle hybrid Corydoras and an Albino Pleco. The aquatic plants are Anubias nana and nangi. This is the only standard aquarium plant that will work with the house plants. The house plants provide too much shade for much else.

Water chemistry is balanced, with no traces of ammonia or nitrite and nitrates in the 5 to 10 ppm range.

B

One more pic of another "Terraphyte" tank. These tanks require next to no maintenance if that's your goal. All you need to do, is top off the tank with RO water and trim the plants regularly to maintain good plant growth. The plant roots are constantly removing the nitrogen from the dissolved waste material from the fish. The plant grows in low light and receives oxygen from the surrounding air.

B

Hello Aut...

Did you click on the attachments below the posts?

B

Nothing to click for me

Aut & Fresh...

That's interesting. I clicked on the site and the pics popped right up. Oh well. Thanks for trying.

B

90Gal, FW, Co2, DIY sump. Setup again after 2 months waiting for flood damage to be repaired. Been running three weeks. I had my sump flood, found a design flaw :(

Columbian Tetra, X-Ray Tetra, Serpae Tetra, Giant danio, Rams, Red Tail shark, Yoyo Loach, Panda Cory. Very active tank. And Flame Moss for now.

that stump looks so cool

V227's 29 gal. Cichlid tank

V227's 29 gal. Cichlid tank.

Attachments

• 20170810_133456.jpg
    20170810_133456.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 67
Here's my 45 gallon. the amazon sword just took off. 2 little homes for the gouramis that they both use.
It's kind of hairy but the fish like hiding out and sneaking around corners. It's all about them and so much about the tank making better homes and gardens. God there's some beautiful tanks out there.
IMG_0266.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMaier
Attachment 297790
Shrimp and Snail Nursery

I love the covering. What is it called?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquatecture
My Tank :) 4-5 months and counting for mc's to cover everything. Can't wait!

Attachment 297791
Attachment 297792
Attachment 297793

My new planted 20 gallon with a pair of gardneri killifish. Started a week ago. Want a nice grounds cover though. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_20170918_114006.jpg
    IMG_20170918_114006.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 86
Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_20170927_160458.jpg Ruby barbs, scissor fish, black widow, endler gups, neon tetra and a butterfly plec, 85l gravel and sand mix substrate and some rocks from the beach

Back
Top Bottom