post your pictures of your shrimp here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is one of my RCS

Attachments

• image-719414406.jpg
    image-719414406.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 117
redsea said:
Beautiful! Is he hard to care for? Can you breed them?(y)

Thanks, the one in the picture is one of my females, the males don't seem to get as deep red as the females

They are very easy to look after, they feed on algae and uneaten fish food. If there isn't much for them to feed on I occasionally drop an algae wafer in there broken in half.

They also breed very easily, the female will carry the eggs under her belly until they hatch which is interesting to look at.

I did have some in one of my community tanks but my clown loaches found them very tasty so just research what might eat them!

a few of my shrimps over the years

Attachments

• DSC_0187.jpg
    DSC_0187.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC_0208.jpg
    DSC_0208.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 109
  • DSC_0209.jpg
    DSC_0209.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 118
  • DSC_0222.jpg
    DSC_0222.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 122
animalzrok2 said:
great shrimp everyone!
herp_mommy what kind of shrimp are they?

Red cherry shrimp, blueberry shrimp, yellow shrimp, and crystal red shrimp

Here is one of my ghosties. Pic taken with my iPhone sorry it's not the best

Attachments

• image-9773511.jpg
    image-9773511.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 137
I love ghosties. I always feel bad seeing them in that huge "feeder" tank at the lfs. :nono:

LyndaB said:
I love ghosties. I always feel bad seeing them in that huge "feeder" tank at the lfs. :nono:

I know me too!! I have no idea how many I currently have in my tank either. I've stocked with 30 but there I no way to count all the little darlings. :) I do keep on the lookout for dead ones but never see anything but moltings. Yeah!!

Here's a couple of my yellow shrimp. I just thinned the herd. Still have about 100 or so left swimming around the twenty gallon tank. They sure are fast reproducing little buggers

Attachments

• image-1938895543.jpg
    image-1938895543.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 133
Back
Top Bottom