Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-17-2012, 08:39 PM   #41
come get me tang police!

This is my predator tank

Old 02-17-2012, 08:44 PM   #42
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetajockey
This is my predator tank
That tank is way too small for 4 predators . You should think about rehoming a few. Haha . One predator and one monster

^ Quoted from Porc Chop^
Hondatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:01 PM   #43
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to kdpuffer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetajockey
This is my predator tank
Love it jeta that was a good chuckle, thank you. But seriously that tank is not suitable for 4 predators, they get huge lol.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:02 PM   #44
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondatek

That tank is way too small for 4 predators . You should think about rehoming a few. Haha . One predator and one monster
Nice fish, is that ray FW or SW?
Old 02-17-2012, 10:03 PM   #45
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

The ray is fresh.
^ Quoted from Porc Chop^
Hondatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:21 AM   #46
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdpuffer
Well after a trip to my LFS yesterday I learned he was getting some snakeheads in. After another trip down there today I am so getting a couple. They aren't illegal here and I am not releasing them into the wild. About an hour after he got them he was kind enough to feed them for my and they are savage.
They are an invasive species right. They look suuuuper viscous
Old 02-18-2012, 01:32 AM   #47
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yes they are an invasive species. It's kinda ironic he got them in cause I just watched the snakehead episode of river monsters last weekend. In the US they have been somehow introduced into the wild and have spread like a plague, consequently they are illegal in alot of places, in Canada they are not yet. They are savage predators that eat anything and attack like something out of a horror story. They will fit right in with my tigerfish. I've done some research on them and the red snakehead is the name given to the fry/juveniles of the giant snakehead. After I watched the snakehead episode of river monsters the first time a year or so ago I found the giant snakehead to be a rather pretty fish with really nice markings and coloration, wanted one ever since and now I have them set aside I learn they are the species I really wanted, bonus. I have a video of them I took earlier and I'll post a link once I upload it to YouTube.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:41 AM   #48
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Yes they are an invasive species. It's kinda ironic he got them in cause I just watched the snakehead episode of river monsters last weekend. In the US they have been somehow introduced into the wild and have spread like a plague, consequently they are illegal in alot of places, in Canada they are not yet. They are savage predators that eat anything and attack like something out of a horror story. They will fit right in with my tigerfish. I've done some research on them and the red snakehead is the name given to the fry/juveniles of the giant snakehead. After I watched the snakehead episode of river monsters the first time a year or so ago I found the giant snakehead to be a rather pretty fish with really nice markings and coloration, wanted one ever since and now I have them set aside I learn they are the species I really wanted, bonus. I have a video of them I took earlier and I'll post a link once I upload it to YouTube.
I had an uncle who kept snakeheads for a while. I remember watching them as a kid. Too bad he doesn't keep fish anymore :/. How big to giant snakeheads gget? They need to make more episodes of river monsters!!! The goonch catfish reminds me of a giant pleco haha
Old 02-18-2012, 01:48 AM   #49
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Quote:

Love it jeta that was a good chuckle, thank you. But seriously that tank is not suitable for 4 predators, they get huge lol.
Nah, I'm sure they'll just grow to the size of their tank... ROFL

No monster fish for me (yet...) but I love my little predators.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:42 AM   #50
Aquarium Advice Addict

the giant snakehead get to be 3-4 feet depending on the source the info comes from. my tiger fish willl also get to about 3 feet so plans are in the works to get a big huge tank. the cool thing with the giant snakehead is their coloring and markings, they have a nice blue sheen to them. i agree with needding more river monsters, they came out with a few shows like it but havent seen any new ones in a while. of the three shows i know about river monsters and monster fish were my favs, fish warrior was kinda wierd, he made out with the fish lol. my little girl loves watching these shows with me, good family time. she also likes watching tanked. i like your puffer fish, i have always wanted one. my last name is puffer so it fits to have one as a family mascott. im hoping to pick up my snakeheads today and introduce them to "the flash" thats the name my daughter came up with for my tigerfish. will uppdate if i get them. in the meantime i have a pic of a giant snakehead courtesy of google and am uploading the video i took of them yesterday.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com