Princess Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Our Dalmatian Molly used to pick on the Mickey Mouse Platy, but that stopped when we added the Wag. The Molly has remained well behaved since then, and the Platys stayed close together.

I had not noticed any aggression. The Wag was missing a few scales on the underside of his belly. But that might have been after he died.

Everything remains good with the tank. I am trying to decide if I should introduce a new fish or not.

Oh, there are also four Neon Tetras and one Ghost Shrimp.

Our Dalmatian Molly used to pick on the Mickey Mouse Platy, but that stopped when we added the Wag. The Molly has remained well behaved since then, and the Platys stayed close together.

I had not noticed any aggression. The Wag was missing a few scales on the underside of his belly. But that might have been after he died.

Everything remains good with the tank. I am trying to decide if I should introduce a new fish or not.

Oh, there are also four Neon Tetras and one Ghost Shrimp.

I would add nothing else. If anything id take the molly back and add a few more neons. They should be kept in schools of 6+

So it has been awhile since I have shared anything on the Princess Tank for my daughters. I have updated some of the tank. The HOB is a Tetra Whisper EX20 that I have been very pleased with. I recently bought the Marineland LED hood and we experienced an algae bloom from the increase of light. I really wanted some Ottos, so we added three a couple of weeks ago.

I have saved two baby fry from before we lost the male platy. I am not sure what we will do with them, since the tank is so small (10 gallon), but I had a hard time just leaving them in the tank when I knew what their fate would be. How big do I need to let them get before I remove the fry tank?

I am still looking forward to having a larger tank in the future. But we need a larger home, and I do not want to get a large tank until after we move. I would really like to try a planted tank once I have my own, more natural looking tank.

Anyway, the girls still love to watch the fish with me. Thank you all for your help when we started.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399175384.074011.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399175399.925011.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399175445.061238.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399175457.876314.jpg

I agree with tangs. If room is a problem try a nano cube they're very cheap to start up especially for planted and it wouldn't be too overwhelming.

So things had stabilized with the princess tank until the past couple of weeks when my ghost shrimp started dying off.

I had four in my 10 gallon for months until I added the AC30 power filter. Then I lost one to the intake. The next day I had another shrimp stuck, but I as able to save him. The next day I found my large female on the bottom of the tank. And last night I found a third dead shrimp...

Any ideas? All parameters are good. 0 ammonia and nitrates and 10-20 nitrates until I did a 40% wc last night.

The tank also has two Platys and two Otos.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So I wanted to share some images of the Princess Tank since you all have been so instrumental in our success.

Here is the tank.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404511146.061958.jpg

This is our Red Wag Platy who my three year old named Rose.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404511159.627449.jpg

This is our Sunburst Wag named Sunny.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404511317.908491.jpg

Here is one of my favorites in the tank. One of our Otos named Carl.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404511389.423300.jpg

Thank you all for your help. I am looking forward to taking what I learned with this tank and building on it in my future natural tank.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom