Rams in Breeding Color

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Allivymar

Aquarium Advice Addict
Welp, my rams are at it again (horny lil buggers!). Dug a new pit in the sand, got their breeding colors on, and she's dropped her breeding tube. I am amazed at how they color up when they're in the mood. The first pic is the male chasing off one of the other rams (notice how dull that one is). The second is the female. The third is of em both. Notice the speckly blue iridescence at the end of the tails, and the blue line running thru the ventral. IRL its even more stunning!

Heh yeah, poor buggers. So no fry this time around again for em. Once I set up that new 15g tall, I'll move the angels in there and let the rams keep the 25g since they need the mature planted tank more so then the angels (and the keyholes will likely join em).

Aww, that'll be nice with the ram and keyholes. I think they'll compliment each other pretty nicely. And the rams should feel confident enough with their fry since keyholes are timid.

Glad to see someone else likes the rams.I almost went that way ,but didn;t almost wish I had

Lurve my rams. Theres just something about SA cichlids that appeals to me, and rams and angelfish epitomize it. I'm picking up a few keyhole cichlids tomorrow to add to the crew *grin*

ya I sold my trio of breeding venustus today for $35 :() either way making room for the saltwater.Although I do have a open 55.Maybe some regani in my future

Back
Top Bottom