Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-12-2006, 06:56 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to JRagg
It's called a manual focus. A 35mm camera with a manual focus can take the best pictures. You'd have to spend $500+ to get a digital that would take pictures that good.

Great looking pictures Nami.

Old 07-12-2006, 11:30 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRagg
It's called a manual focus. A 35mm camera with a manual focus can take the best pictures. You'd have to spend $500+ to get a digital that would take pictures that good.

Great looking pictures Nami.
Im quite familier with a manual focus. Even some of the digital SLR's that cost over $500 still have a grain in the picture that doesnt go away because its a manual focus. Like I said there is just something that a digital doesnt have in pic quality compared to film. Even though some digital pictures are out of this world! :|
Old 07-13-2006, 02:06 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular

Actually, I don't use the focus on my camera, its fixed only in its one placement, although I am guessing that is what allows me to get some of those shots then. I just wish I had my camera lying around to give some details on it.

Edit: Found it! Problem is, like lighting for aquariums, all the numbers and letters mean nothing to me ^^ I will list off what I can tell you though, jus to give you guys an idea of what I am working with.

Minolta Brand, Aspherical Lens, Zoom, 38-110 mm
It gives me the ability to change the flash between automatic sensor, flash, no flash, landscape, nighttime, and one other, but the batteries are dead so I can't check ^^' I can also put a date on the pictures taken or do timed picture, but I never really use those. The zoom is manual, I have about 5 clicks to change the distance, but I would require the use of a tripod probably to keep my pictures from being fuzzy after using the zoom. It has auto focus, hence the change in the potted herb pictures from one focus to another with barely much perspective change.

Hope that gives you guys an idea ^^

Tags
pictures

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com