Rare Plecos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danny.

Aquarium Advice Regular
Anybody got any nice pics of some rarer plecos?
Heres my L081 Gold Nugget not super rare but a very pretty fish quite a hard fish to get a snap of as everytime i go near the tank he zooms off into his rock cave :)
Sorry about pic qual the camera died and i have to use my phone.
img_1172737_0_fe94f9115779d1063d43b115bc2a04ac.jpg

img_1172737_1_5afbd691c3f8b83fe0b9b35985221887.jpg

img_1172737_2_ae795c05e2e0f2c55a90f6ced842570a.jpg

A few of them... not necessarily rare, but they are the pics that I can find right off. lol

Attachments

• DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    174.4 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC_0150.JPG
    DSC_0150.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC_0237.JPG
    DSC_0237.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 97
Very nice i like the bottom one, what breed (right word?) of plec is that

I cant get a pic because they are never really out but I keep the following
LDA30's(proven pair)
clown plecos
rubber lips
and over a dozen bnp's

I think the LDA30's are kind of rare, I find them priced at 40 british pounds each, I got mine on a trade for some plants.

I love plecos. I really want one for my betta tank.. but I don't have Algae... or a filter yet. :p

It's because there are just so many of them, it's hard to keep all the names straight (and that'd be a huge book of names) - so they catalogue them by L###.
Oh that's interesting, I didn't know that.

Now my own contribution:

L066 King Tiger Pleco, courtesy of HN1 and SeverumMama's awesome aquatic care. :)

He's a lot sharper in real life, but he's small, and fast, and I don't own a good camera. :D

Thanks a ton Vircomore! We are so glad you like your new pleco.

Here is another pic of Vircomore's L-066 pleco, a few weeks before we shipped him out. :)
DSC_0141.JPG

Yep! He's definitely one of the more shy plecos I've seen. Ever since I added him he's made the hollow legs on my center stump ornament into his home. He'll scoot out when some extra flakes come down - but otherwise he just chills there and yells at those crazy mollies when they swim all over his dang lawn. :eek:

Ummm.... they are primarily nocturnal. Got a red lens for your flash light? ;)

Just thought I'd provide another picture, managed to sneak up on him while he was sneaking around and also managed to get my phone into Macro mode. ;D

(Cameo appearances by The Ramshorn Snails)

Back
Top Bottom