Re-aquascaped 60g.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

panathinaikos55

Aquarium Advice Regular
My tank started leaking a few weeks ago, so I figured I'd change things up while I had it down for re-sealing. Any input?

I took out one of the pieces of driftwood (the one on the far left that looks like a log), and removed all of the fake plants from the tank, as well as all of the smaller pieces of rocks I had placed along the bottom. I also removed the blue printed tank background and painted the back of the tank black this time.

In place of the fake plants, I planted all real plants (they're still rather small and hard to see in the picture, especially the ones in the back). I also added 3 large pieces of holey rock that I stacked on each other that the fish seem to love.

Now that it's all set up, I'm having a hard time deciding if I like more now, or what it was like before I made the changes...

Attachments

• 20130113_192313.jpg
    20130113_192313.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 166
  • 20131123_191413.jpg
    20131123_191413.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 180
The first pic is bright and cheery. The second is dark and mysterious. My opinion anyway. I would suppose it depends on you mood at the time how much you like it now. I like both.

I like the second but get a ton more plants for sure. Based on you fixture I assume it's low light. Get some crypts for the bottom, get some hornwort, anubias, java fern, and wisteria. Tie java fern and anubias to driftwood.

Thanks for the feedback. My light fixture is a T5HO, I was just playing around with my camera when I took this picture.

Definitely looking at adding more plants.

Opinions... should I have plants mixed around the entire tank, or on the sides and back only?

Thanks for the feedback. My light fixture is a T5HO, I was just playing around with my camera when I took this picture.

Definitely looking at adding more plants.

Opinions... should I have plants mixed around the entire tank, or on the sides and back only?

Put plants in all areas of the tank but tall plants in the back and short plants in the front. T-5 ho puts you in the higher range of low light to low end medium light, opens up your plant options slightly, just look around online to choose some more.

Last edited:
Second scape looks brilliant. Dark and natural. Definitely add tons more plants. I love the green against dark substrates and backgrounds.

Back
Top Bottom