Recycling Alcohol Bottles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

todonnell77

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Captain Morgan

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130628_190820.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130628_190820.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 283
Nice! And captain morgan is a good choice. Kind of hints at pirates! I'm just saving my old plastic 1.75L gin bottles for separating my male betta fry when they grow out a bit.

How do you turn the bottle into a bubbler I love the idea and I have a perfect old rum bottle to use

I actually just bought a 16 cent bubvler stone at PetsMart, ran in down with line into the bottle and then used a suction cup to position the line on the tank and it all sort of worked.

Wow that's smart and easier then I thought. I figured you'd need to drill bottle.... Basically I'm not very handy and sounds like I could even do it

I would actually like to do that. I would keep the cap on the bottle so the whole bottle would be full of bubbles circulating

I didnt touch it and it has now become blank..

lol i thought that would happen. my sister has some cool beer bottles with silkscreen labels on them that I'm pretty sure are going to work. I'm going to try drilling the bottom and putting an air stone in it so the tubing wont be showing through the whole bottle

You an get a kit for breaking and sanding bottles at hobby lobby for like $15.

My plastic handles have been working great for jarring betta fry though. Better than soda bottles due to the flat bottom and the hand holds. And since we go through more liquor than soda, I have more of those than soda bottles. Not that we drink an incredible amount of liquor, but we just don't drink much soda at all.

You an get a kit for breaking and sanding bottles at hobby lobby for like $15.

My plastic handles have been working great for jarring betta fry though. Better than soda bottles due to the flat bottom and the hand holds. And since we go through more liquor than soda, I have more of those than soda bottles. Not that we drink an incredible amount of liquor, but we just don't drink much soda at all.

You must be from Texas? I havent ever seen one of those kits

Awesome!

I remember in one episode of Tanked they incorporated glass soda bottles into the coral inserts. They put fine bubble air stones inside them to make them look like the soda was fizzing. I know people don't really like that show, but I thought it was pretty awesome!

Back
Top Bottom