Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-30-2003, 09:19 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via ICQ to ferret Send a message via AIM to ferret
It will, but I believe there's another option that doesn't, or you could keep the originals elsewhere and shrink copies. This is the method I use for my photos. I upload my 1290x1024 pictures, and make a second copy in a folder called 'thumbs' .. Then I shrink the first set to 800x600, and the second to 160x120 as thumbnails. Then I have a simple php script that links it all together, as follows: http://slinky.no-ip.org/~ferret/fish-images/

Old 12-30-2003, 09:46 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via ICQ to ferret Send a message via AIM to ferret
I should also note this is just the tip of what mogrify can do. It is a full image editing toolkit. It can adjust colors, crop, stretch, etc. I believe at its core, the GIMP program (Linux's version of Photoshop, just as good), uses mogrify for a lot of things.

Old 12-30-2003, 10:18 AM   #13
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
our gallery uses mogrify as well as a few other serverside scripts to manipulate the images that are uploaded.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 09:41 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

I recommend Irfanview. It's free, simple, and good. It's very popular and has been around for years and years

I love the fishes cause they're so delicious.
Sati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 12:46 AM   #15
AA Team Emeritus

I just found this link on another forum, it's very informative and could be very helpful for our photographers here at AA.com

Image Resizing

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 06:31 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Resize pictures - Kodak EasyShare

Anyone with a Kodak EasyShare camera can use the software that comes with the camera.

1) click on the image you want
2) hit the "edit picture" button
3) hit "save as"
4) choose 25%, or 50% from the resize list. Which one works best will depend somewhat on the exact model of camera.

BTW...Kodak EasyShare software is the 2nd most commonly used image software behind Adobe. EasyShare is available free from www.kodak.com
Old 04-09-2004, 11:45 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

In windows xp go to start>programs>microsoft office>microsoft office tools>microsoft office picture manager i just found this program this morniing

when you resize something the filesize changes even though some times it doesnt say so

also has a great auto balance feature
HTH

Mr. Marine
mrmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 04:24 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

Here is a enlarging tip I read somewhere.
Do the enlarging in small steps of 5 to 10 percent at a time. The enlarged image will not be as soft doing it this way. To save time you can make a action in photoshop.
Old 07-08-2004, 07:12 PM   #19
AA Team Emeritus

10% increments using bicubic smoother, there are better programs for upsizing, like Q-image and Genuine fractals.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 09:46 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Not that this is such a hot topic, but in XP (And maybe other Windows OS that has Outlook) I select all my photos (either CTRL+A or individually) and then right click on one of them (Should be blue if selected) and use the send to..mail receipient. In Xp at least, it asks if you want to resize the photos, I click the show more options and use 800x600. I can do em in batches this way. Once the conversion is complete, It then loads up the mail 'composing' screen and I simply create a folder and drag drop, then cancel the email...pretty lame huh..Ya Im that **** lazy I guess ; )

-PC

Tags
oto, photos

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com