Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-15-2015, 07:50 PM   #41
Aquarium Advice Freak

Ahoj a dobrż vecer Vlado...

Nice to have another endler enthusiast from Europe among us...

Overhere in Holland, endlers are available at almost every lfs. But mostly common ones like black bar, snakeskin and tiger hybrids. Nowadays, blue stars are also distributed at local fish stores in Holland. The one who's been providing the wholesale dealer in Holland saw those blue stars at my place first. I was the first one in Holland with the blue stars. The son of Phillipe Voisin fron Rodez (France) caught them in Venezuela and Phillipe Voisin himself introduced them into the aquaristic world. With the help of an acquaintance of mine, my friend got a group of blue stars to breed in massive amounts to provide wholesale dealers in Holland.

I guess, in western-europe endlers are more available than in eastern-europe. Btw, as being an aquarist for over 40 years now, I always grab the chance to pay visits to several lfs's in each country I'm visiting. Despite of the fact that I've been in Slovakia a couple of times, I've never visited one overthere. Not even in Bratislava. And don't ask me why... Unfortunately, I just didn't! Shame on me!

Well, have a good sleep...

Dobrou noc,

Stan

Specialized in livebearers &
specific breeder of rare livebearers...
emeraldking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 08:11 PM   #42
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlado21 View Post
Many thanks Theresa! It's weird, Endlers are still not easy to find in our aquaristic shops too... I can see some in local "aqua-bourses" only (held by a few local enthusiasts). To be honest to say, Endlers are my the most favorite fish (with a common krib ), I love these "Little Indians"! They have still something wild in the genes, and they are not so overbreeded as guppies (sold by our shops "in tons") often are...
I really appreciate your Endlers' thread on Aquarium Advice and I'll keep on following it!
Very glad you found us! Guppies seem to be the popular livebearers here as well. They are quite pretty fish but I too prefer Endlers and love seeing everyone's photos.

Do you keep other types of fish?

Old 03-15-2015, 08:12 PM   #43
Aquarium Advice Freak

Overhere some males of the El silverado endler. This is a natural strain caught in 2013 by Phillipe Voisin in Cumana city, Venezuela.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8808.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	267418   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8803.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	134.5 KB
ID:	267419  

Old 03-15-2015, 10:51 PM   #44
Aquarium Advice Freak

If you succeed in breeding those white Endlers, I want one!!! I just got some Endler fry from Diana and they are so adorable. Can't wait to see them grow!
tankingwithbranlox.wordpress.com
TankinWithUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 05:58 AM   #45
Aquarium Advice Activist

POTM Champion

Goedemorgen Stan en Bedankt voor je reactie!

IMHO, you Dutch are famous sailors, merchants and... aquarists! So it does't surprise me, you can find endlers without problem in Holland. Situation here is getting better, people are learning about these humble and peacefull little fish, which is even more suitable for begginers then bigger and more fertile guppy (and of course more sufferring of fish disease if overbred).

The most of endler varieties are comming to my country through Czech lands (thanks to dr. Roman Slaboch and enthusiasts at local aquaristic bourses) and Austria. I've got only one common tank in a living room (and don't want to push my wife to another ones), so I' m staying with this black bar variant for years already. And I love it still, same as my wife and kids...

So that's my short story.

Een mooie dag verder in Nederland!

Vlado
Old 03-16-2015, 06:54 AM   #46
Aquarium Advice Activist

POTM Champion

Theresa, thank you for your kind invitation. I keep more species in my common tank (47.5 G). At this year my top favorite (besides endlers of course ) is Kribensis cichlid. Keeps my endlers in trim when breeding fry, what's practicaly always (see photos&videos in my signature-link bellow).

But a tank is big enough and well planted, plus krib fry (from 2nd birth) is still small, so endler kids are good mates with small kribs (but not their parents!). It's really great reality show to see Pulchers family and endlers in action! In some months I'll consider to sell or give for free small kribs to another aquarists... Recently I sold some endlers, there're too many endler fry, I want to raise in the future (in one common tank)...
Old 03-16-2015, 07:55 AM   #47
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankinWithUs View Post
If you succeed in breeding those white Endlers, I want one!!! I just got some Endler fry from Diana and they are so adorable. Can't wait to see them grow!
Than you have be a bit more patient. At this point they're no hard reproducers. And I will introduce them officially late this year at the international endler championship in Berlin or Diemelsee-Adorf (both in Germany) before one will be sold. supposingly, this should already have happened last year in Berlin but due to circumstances In Berlin it was canceled. They're born blonde by the way and turn white when aging.

So, I assume you've already seen a picture of my white males?

Old 03-16-2015, 08:23 AM   #48
Aquarium Advice Freak

Ahoj Vlado,

Glad that the endler hobby has also reached Slovakia. The black bar endler is considered being the most common endler there is. But despite of that, I do have to admit that I still think they have a certain charm and that's why I'm still keeping those as well.

You've already mentioned that you won't expand your number of tanks for your wife's sake. But in case you want to expand your collection, sending endlers over from Holland to Slovakia doesn't take too long.

I've got a lot acquaintances in Slovakia and the Czech republic. There has even been a time that even for love sakes I had a connection with your country as well. Even when it was still called Czechoslovakia, I've visited your country.

Take care,
"S"

Old 03-16-2015, 11:23 AM   #49
Aquarium Advice Activist

POTM Champion

Stan, I really appreciate it. I don't deny to having more small tanks in the future (so humble endlers don't need any extra-large space), I'll keep you in my address book.

So you are the Endlers-guru (Koning) at AA (with Queen Theresa of course)? May I ask you then, by chance, are you not experienced with colour "fading-away" of endlers occasionaly? I had two of "neon-endlers" in the past. And I was speculating with my aqua-friend, whether it's only a kind of gene-play, predators' (in tank) effect or there might be some other factor. Endlers were in a good health, the difference was only the colour...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Neon Endlerka.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	267496

P.S. In the same tank and time, it was a school of about 20 neon tetras...
Old 03-16-2015, 03:49 PM   #50
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

This is one of my orange blonds that was a birthday gift to myself

Tags
endler, endlers, hare

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com