Shoe us your rockscape, aquascapes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bert B

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am redoing my 100 Gallon tank and since the water here is very hard, I want to go with some kind of african cichlids so they will be happy & healthy in this water. I want to get some ideas on different rockscapes that people have done so I can get some ideas that I may never have thought of. I want something that looks dramatic in a way that looks like an exotic carribean underwater world almost like a reef. I don't want to "just stack & pile rocks haphazzardly but instead, want some natural beauty. I am going to use some kind of sand to get that look. so, let me see some pictures of your tanks OR even pictures you have of other peoples tank with nice rockscapes. thanks !
Bert

Hey Bert B! I am a fellow african cichlid fan. Here is a picture of the rockwork in my 90 gallon cichlid tank (I've since upgraded to a 125 gallon tank, but the gist is the same):
img_918240_0_bb5b46f0ca366970b1dd7e4202cb6a30.jpg

Above and beyond the rockwork, you can also use fake plants to help break up sight lines so that one fish cannot see all the way across your tank. The same can be done with rocks and I'm even using driftwood for the same purpose in my new tank.
img_918240_1_61d6c40c1fc56045049c8184799c3684.jpg

(Sorry so fuzzy. I stole the still picture from a video)

Back
Top Bottom