shots of eels in new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hara

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here is Rex (jeweled moray) and Levi (snowflake moray) an hour or two after being put in their new home. They had never met before this and are getting along quite well. Hopefully it will go as well when the yellow heads get added tomorrow.

When the moon hits your eye
Like a big pizza pie
Thats a moray!

Heh, lovely tank Hara! You have a great eye for visual balance.

I love eels. You're look great! I would love to have some, but I know they wouldn't get along with all the other things I'd like to get. What else do you have in the tank with the eels?

The snowflake was in a big tank with tangs, a lionfish, grouper, snails, starfish.
The jeweled moray was in with other eels, a couple triggers and a puffer.
Right now, there are 3 damsels in the tank with the eels.

I feed them as much as they will eat, every other day. I find that they eat more this way. When I was feeding every day, the appetite just wasnt there.

Interesting. I've found a similar eating schedule works with my dwarf puffers. Now that I feed them every other day they're fat and growing!

In the bottom tank view shot, I see an eel but cannot make out on the species. As the same with the top view photo for all im looking to see is the Fimbriated Moray Eels for far away shots are nice of the tank itself, but I done explained that im only interested if you really have these four together the Fimbriated Moray Eels with two SF for like my goldentails, you would see them most all the time sticking their heads out from the LR .

For if that is your 120, for maintaining four eels you have very little rock work in there for when i get home, i will show you a photo of the twin eel tanks a week after it was moved from my old house and the tanks are a 130 with a 70 gal tank running on a 40 gal sump. Im baby sitting my grand kids right now but when people take photos to identify what eels one has it is usually a bit closer shot top view other then far away.

So the photo with the reddish looking eel was Rex so where are the Fimbriated Eels? And iczed, the Fimbriated Eels would average a size of 32" and will be quite aggressive.

When the moon hits your eye
Like a big pizza pie
Thats a moray!
Very Cute :D

So Hara, the only two eels i can identify are a SF and the Jewel moray that i guess that was named Rex from you mentioned.

They had never met before this and are getting along quite well. Hopefully it will go as well when the yellow heads get added tomorrow.
Now this not make that much sense, you been saying for more then a year or so you these eels together in a 120 and now their not. I would have to guess that full tank shots is the 120 gal tank. I give up for wanting to see these Fimbriated Eels you said all the time that you have. And later i will post a photo of the tanks my four eels are in. I remember when I asked you months ago, you told me their together and no problems and i said that it will not last, not with the Fimbriated Eels with SF it not. :(
Buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom