Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-13-2008, 02:28 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Show off your bettas!

Well, I didn't see any thread like this anywhere else here so I figured, why not start one? I'll start with all my past bettas first, R.I.P:

First off is Azriel, he died of bloat just 2 days ago, he had been bloated for 3 weeks and no matter what I tried I couldn't get him through. Luckily his legacy lives on in his 2 babies.

Next is Melanion, lost him last year.

And this is Altan, lost him last year as well.

Here are my females:

Kenda, momma of the babies and Azriels mate.

Sauda, was going to breed her with Melanion but she jumped into the filter, one reason I dislike Whispers.

Suri, I had a failed breeding with her and Altan, he just didn't dig her, he liked Sauda more.

My little white seamed girl, she didn't have a name, got her in the begining of January and I found her in the filter as well, and some in the main tank.

Old 03-13-2008, 02:41 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

And now for my current boys, pretty much all of my recent bettas are nameless because the person that used to come up with the most excellent names for my fish went MIA.

My copper DRCT boy, really reclusive and likes to stay at the top of the tank, out of reach of the camera. He has been dubbed "Waldo" because of his joy of hiding.

And this is my orange male, he got beaten up badly by a kribensis and he never healed right, this was 3 months ago. This is an old picture of him, never have gotten a decent picture of him that shows his real orange since he got beaten up.

Here is my Copper Redwash VTDT, quite a mellow fellow, would only flare at his own reflection, he was successfully kept with another male in a 29 gallon, but this all depends on the individual fish.

Here is my newest boy, he is a steel offbranch of a sort, got him last weekend, an OHMDT or HMDT, or somewhere in between those.

Old 03-13-2008, 02:44 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

And now for my current females and babies! Also nameless

I'll start with oldest first, here are the "baby" bettas from Azriel and Kenda.

Here are my red Cambodian and my opaque girls, both really mellow since I introduced the latest three but the opaque still rules the tank, but is uber mellow about it.

Next is Gertrude, big female is currently second in command of the tank.

This is my green/blue/red girl, she is just a regular sorority girl though she beats any that oppose her.

And here is my little purple girl, second to last to the "baby" fish, though they are equal in size.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:26 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via MSN to Zagz
Very nice bettas. They are all gorgeous. I have a hard time getting decent pics of my bettas but here they are.

My red halfmoon

My favorite is my crowntail. He has such personality.

-----------
Site Administrator
Zagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 01:37 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Very Cool
Old 03-15-2008, 01:39 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular

Thanks!

Those are really nice bettas Zagz! I love the blue double double ray, hard to find those around here.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:05 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Wow, where do you guys get such great Bettas? Crowntails are less common in the big chain pet stores, and colors are so dull compared to what you're showing us. Great pictures.

theotheragentm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 02:30 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Regular

I get mine from mainly Petco and Petsmart, the females at least. My others, the more fancy ones, were at my smaller LFS's. Mine are nothing compared to the plakats that one of my friends in Wisconsin got from one of their LFS, but she also has had some of the coolest Thai breed HM coppers and such.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:22 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Activist

Very beautiful bettas! I am definitely going to have to get some better pictures of mine. In the mean time, here's La Petite aka Pete:

JessieVB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 05:26 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Betta Fry at 10 and 20 Days

Hi. Don't know if I posted these previously. If I did, my apologies for the duplication. I searched, but could not find. - Frank

Guppyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, bettas

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com