Show off your bettas here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tcal01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
One of my favorite fish because they come in such a different variety. This is my Guy. What do yours look like?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120217_214534.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120217_214534.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 89
My female, still unnamed, and my male plakat, Mr. Pink.

Attachments

• image-3796365399.jpg
    image-3796365399.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 86
  • image-3653261834.jpg
    image-3653261834.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 96
  • image-924442444.jpg
    image-924442444.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 90
  • image-926638437.jpg
    image-926638437.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 96
I need to stop holding my iPod in the wrong direction to take pictures. The girl came out upside down...

Alyxx said:
I need to stop holding my iPod in the wrong direction to take pictures. The girl came out upside down...

Haha. Doesn't matter. It didn't take away from her beauty and that plakat is pretty sweet too. Are his fins yellow and light blue?

Tca1 and Alex they are some pretty impressive fish you have there. Well done!!

napow said:
my handsome... ;)

I like that color blue. I'm painting my room a color similiar to that. I'm going to refer to.that color now as betta blue lol. Is his face grey?

Tcal01 said:
Haha. Doesn't matter. It didn't take away from her beauty and that plakat is pretty sweet too. Are his fins yellow and light blue?

He is completely iridescent. Kind of pinkish in some light, bright blue green when light hits him straight on. A little bit of blue grizzle on his body.

Alyxx said:
He is completely iridescent. Kind of pinkish in some light, bright blue green when light hits him straight on. A little bit of blue grizzle on his body.

Wow
Mine changes colors when he flares. He gets like a pink iradescent glow and u can really see the white lining his fins

Aaaaand of course I couldn't make it through PetSmart tonight without a new addition... Pics will come once she is settled in and doesn't have stress bars. Pretty little blue female, her cup was filthy and I pretty much felt obligated to give her fresh water. The other cups were in surprisingly good condition, but hers was covered in poop. She has made the hour long drive home, as did the female guppies I went in for (dollar a fish sale and I need some new blood mixed in).

Alyxx said:
Aaaaand of course I couldn't make it through PetSmart tonight without a new addition... Pics will come once she is settled in and doesn't have stress bars. Pretty little blue female, her cup was filthy and I pretty much felt obligated to give her fresh water. The other cups were in surprisingly good condition, but hers was covered in poop. She has made the hour long drive home, as did the female guppies I went in for (dollar a fish sale and I need some new blood mixed in).

I think the walk through the fish section of any petsmart or PETCO brings out the fish boarder in all of us. Totally random but is it pet smart or pets mart? I have aaaalways wondered this

Tcal01 said:
I think the walk through the fish section of any petsmart or PETCO brings out the fish boarder in all of us. Totally random but is it pet smart or pets mart? I have aaaalways wondered this

I've thought it was pet smart... That's at least how hey capitalize it. Makes me think of "shop smart, shop S-mart." And if no one gets that, I officially feel old. But yeah, it totally brings out my inner hoarder. I went in for prime, seeing as I can get the big bottle there for what it costs to get the tiny bottle back home. Then I noticed the $1 tropical fish sale... So I wanted to see what they had for $1. Lo and behold, female guppies! I could use some more female guppies, especially from a different retailer. New blood in my tank, mine are all siblings. But by the time I made that decision, I had to wait for the guy to finish helping someone else get a snake. So I had time to find the Bettas... Which I was trying my best not to look at because I want them ALL. Also, I noticed they have halfmoons and dragon scales now! Only $8 for the halfmoons, too, but I have nowhere to put another male, and neither of the ones they had were all that healthy looking. This is why I avoid pet stores! My money runs straight into my tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom