Show off your catfish and pleco photos here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Which pleco is that I like the caudal extentions

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think it's an L-204 plec. I've got an L-204 but his caudal extension ain't near like that guys! Hes also got spots rather than lines. he's my little weirdo.
here's a terrible but accurate pic of him from tonight.

a pic from a bunch of weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

img_3147978_0_4af389625487ab184ed594e4a7c5d7fc.jpg

Baby cories.. love these guys, but it's horrid to use the python with them. They want to clean what I am trying to clean, and they're practically the same color as the sand.

Featherfin, a bit over a year old, had him since he was tiny. This is one of his most recent photos, anyone who has one of these knows how awful they are to get photos of, haha. He is bigger than this now, though, slightly.

img_3147978_1_b3ae13713bea40d1be98ed8afcf88650.jpg

Size comparison. When I first got him, and 6-8 months after the fact, with the same decoration to scale. The second photo is a few months old, so, really, he is bigger than he is in the photo. He's now a year old, to give you an idea how old the photo is.

First gotten

6-8 months after

How big he has gotten is evident in the first picture, and even that is slowly becoming outdated. xD He is a bit of a minor celebrity among people I know, it's quite funny. If I can get a better picture of his finnage, I absolutely will (fairly certain Syno is a male, since I've read males are smaller but have bigger finnage, and females are longer with less impressive fins?).

Thanks! I lost one as I had five unfortunately. That one isn't in the photo. He was sickly from the beginning (from the day he was in a tank when he came home, he kept listing to one side very weakly) and I tried my best to save him but it didn't end well. Otherwise all the others are healthy and growing. If anyone's wondering they're baby sterbai.

Wish I could have saved the little guy but I did everything I could.

img_3148393_0_4af389625487ab184ed594e4a7c5d7fc.jpg

Baby cories.. love these guys, but it's horrid to use the python with them. They want to clean what I am trying to clean, and they're practically the same color as the sand.

Try a piece of pantyhose over the end of the python. Or I pull water from my filter if needed. I have Shrimp, I'm very scared of injuring them.

Are those C sterbai ? Nice fish

Thanks for the suggestion. :) And yes, they're C. sterbai. Hard to come by and expensive but totally worth it.

img_3151976_0_4af389625487ab184ed594e4a7c5d7fc.jpg

Featherfin, a bit over a year old, had him since he was tiny. This is one of his most recent photos, anyone who has one of these knows how awful they are to get photos of, haha. He is bigger than this now, though, slightly.

img_3151976_1_b3ae13713bea40d1be98ed8afcf88650.jpg

Size comparison. When I first got him, and 6-8 months after the fact, with the same decoration to scale. The second photo is a few months old, so, really, he is bigger than he is in the photo. He's now a year old, to give you an idea how old the photo is.

First gotten

6-8 months after

How big he has gotten is evident in the first picture, and even that is slowly becoming outdated. xD He is a bit of a minor celebrity among people I know, it's quite funny. If I can get a better picture of his finnage, I absolutely will (fairly certain Syno is a male, since I've read males are smaller but have bigger finnage, and females are longer with less impressive fins?).

I have Featherfin. Was 1 inch when I got it, now about 7 inches. VERY impossible to get photos of....... (Thought). I was buying upside down cat,, was I wrong. But love it just the same

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

The same happened to me! I thought he got 4 inches because it just said "synodontis" and even some of the other African types don't get that big. Luckily I had plans to get a bigger tank and once I realized he was in fact a featherfin I decided to go a bit bigger to ensure he had enough room. I don't regret it as I'm so attached to him.

My new Asian Bumblebee Cat.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1423009953092.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423009953092.jpeg
    60.5 KB · Views: 124
How about an Electric Catfish?
Just a baby.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1423010171465.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423010171465.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 116
  • uploadfromtaptalk1423010213219.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423010213219.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 109
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423404376.271195.jpg
Probably not the best pic, but this is my female bristlenose pleco. She's gotten a little bigger since this was taken. I'd say she's about 3.5 inches

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423416181.250668.jpg
I've had this guy for about a year now. My lfs said it was a bumblebee pleco. Is that what it is?? It's about 3" long now. He likes to hide in the cave most of the day. Comes out after the lights go off at night.

Royal broken stripe pleco. Soon to be new addition to 150 discus tank after 6 week QT.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423792690.450724.jpg

Jim B from Tennessee

Back
Top Bottom