Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-27-2015, 09:04 PM   #321

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbree13 View Post
Attachment 261150

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Which pleco is that I like the caudal extentions

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 01-27-2015, 10:15 PM   #322
Aquarium Advice Addict

Show off your catfish and pleco photos here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillie View Post
Which pleco is that I like the caudal extentions

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think it's an L-204 plec. I've got an L-204 but his caudal extension ain't near like that guys! Hes also got spots rather than lines. he's my little weirdo.
here's a terrible but accurate pic of him from tonight.

a pic from a bunch of weeks ago.

Old 01-27-2015, 10:46 PM   #323
Aquarium Advice Activist

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422413178.551093.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	183.7 KB
ID:	262518

Sent from inside my fish tank
Old 01-30-2015, 12:05 AM   #324
Aquarium Advice Activist

Baby cories.. love these guys, but it's horrid to use the python with them. They want to clean what I am trying to clean, and they're practically the same color as the sand.

Featherfin, a bit over a year old, had him since he was tiny. This is one of his most recent photos, anyone who has one of these knows how awful they are to get photos of, haha. He is bigger than this now, though, slightly.

Size comparison. When I first got him, and 6-8 months after the fact, with the same decoration to scale. The second photo is a few months old, so, really, he is bigger than he is in the photo. He's now a year old, to give you an idea how old the photo is.

First gotten

6-8 months after

How big he has gotten is evident in the first picture, and even that is slowly becoming outdated. xD He is a bit of a minor celebrity among people I know, it's quite funny. If I can get a better picture of his finnage, I absolutely will (fairly certain Syno is a male, since I've read males are smaller but have bigger finnage, and females are longer with less impressive fins?).
Old 01-30-2015, 10:02 AM   #325
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I love those cories! They look so good.

Shep
Old 01-30-2015, 10:18 AM   #326
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thanks! I lost one as I had five unfortunately. That one isn't in the photo. He was sickly from the beginning (from the day he was in a tank when he came home, he kept listing to one side very weakly) and I tried my best to save him but it didn't end well. Otherwise all the others are healthy and growing. If anyone's wondering they're baby sterbai.

Wish I could have saved the little guy but I did everything I could.
Old 01-30-2015, 03:43 PM   #327
Aquarium Advice Addict

Show off your catfish and pleco photos here

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangelyNormal View Post

Baby cories.. love these guys, but it's horrid to use the python with them. They want to clean what I am trying to clean, and they're practically the same color as the sand.

Try a piece of pantyhose over the end of the python. Or I pull water from my filter if needed. I have Shrimp, I'm very scared of injuring them.

Are those C sterbai ? Nice fish

Coursair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 07:36 PM   #328
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thanks for the suggestion. And yes, they're C. sterbai. Hard to come by and expensive but totally worth it.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:48 PM   #329
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangelyNormal View Post

Featherfin, a bit over a year old, had him since he was tiny. This is one of his most recent photos, anyone who has one of these knows how awful they are to get photos of, haha. He is bigger than this now, though, slightly.

Size comparison. When I first got him, and 6-8 months after the fact, with the same decoration to scale. The second photo is a few months old, so, really, he is bigger than he is in the photo. He's now a year old, to give you an idea how old the photo is.

First gotten

6-8 months after

How big he has gotten is evident in the first picture, and even that is slowly becoming outdated. xD He is a bit of a minor celebrity among people I know, it's quite funny. If I can get a better picture of his finnage, I absolutely will (fairly certain Syno is a male, since I've read males are smaller but have bigger finnage, and females are longer with less impressive fins?).

I have Featherfin. Was 1 inch when I got it, now about 7 inches. VERY impossible to get photos of....... (Thought). I was buying upside down cat,, was I wrong. But love it just the same

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice
Old 02-03-2015, 08:09 PM   #330
Aquarium Advice Activist

The same happened to me! I thought he got 4 inches because it just said "synodontis" and even some of the other African types don't get that big. Luckily I had plans to get a bigger tank and once I realized he was in fact a featherfin I decided to go a bit bigger to ensure he had enough room. I don't regret it as I'm so attached to him.

Tags
catfish, fish, hot, oto, photo, photos, plec, pleco

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com