Show off your favorite fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's why he's my favorite :D when I bought him he was just a lil guy and he was scarlet and baby blue but the more he has grown, the more vibrant and deep his colors get. He was also my first fish :D

That is really a special one, and for a first fish! Congrats, excellent selection!

This is my favorite little Betta guy...

60074-albums12946-picture37579.jpg

That is really a special one, and for a first fish! Congrats, excellent selection!

This is my favorite little Betta guy...

I was told that when you pick out a fish, you should get the one you fall in love with first so I did and I love him :D his name is Socrates.

And WOW! Is that a king or an elephant Betta? He's beautiful.

I was told that when you pick out a fish, you should get the one you fall in love with first so I did and I love him :D his name is Socrates.

And WOW! Is that a king or an elephant Betta? He's beautiful.

Thank you, and that is excellent advice!

I was told Dragonscale, though they seem to be more white. So I call him what I was told he is, but who knows??? I also call him a Chameleon, because depending on his mood he can change to a emerald mossy green instead of the lovely Tanzanite blue. Sometimes he is a Dijon mustard color and darker blue too, and sometimes in between, lol

He is actually a smallish guy, less size than the normal ones you see. Though I have been tempted by several other types of Bettas, like the King!

I have a beautiful tri colored red white and blue Crowntail (never can get a good pic) Here he is making me laugh resting in a floating Cholla wood last year. Almost out of the water!!!
60074-albums9317-picture50084.jpg

and my daughter has a friends brothers gorgeous Turquoise Veiltail rescued from his girlfriend break up, (GF returned love fish) used to live in a slimy yellow water lava lamp tank:nono::nono::nono: / no pic

and I just rescued a Crowntail /all black except the fins in between the rays of his tail are cobalt blue/ which I am looking for a home for locally, if there is anyone around here interested! no pic he hides a lot right now but seems to be becoming more social. :) EDIT: He must be getting happier, as looked at him just now and his body is black and his fins are cobalt...maybe different color yet? lol so happy he is feeling better.

Rizzo...my we are in awe! Your cichlids are gorgeous! What was your Instagram again? Also, how do you keep so many with no problems? Finally, why would cichlids still be hiding (except at feeding time) after 5 days? Thanks for sharing! They're gorgeous!

Autumnsky: your Betta is a mustard gas halfmoons plakat dragon scale. Dragon scaling is thick scales, it has nothing to do with the type, pet stores are just dumb and think the fancy name will make them more money, which it does lol
I have a female HM that'd be the perfect match for him!
img_2596080_0_dbb3c6bcb58d9e99cb0578317b9a3b23.jpg

And fishiekeeper429; your boy is gorgeous! I've got one similar too him as well.

(I have way too many of them if nobody has noticed lol)

Autumnsky: your Betta is a mustard gas halfmoons plakat dragon scale. Dragon scaling is thick scales, it has nothing to do with the type, pet stores are just dumb and think the fancy name will make them more money, which it does lol
I have a female HM that'd be the perfect match for him!

And fishiekeeper429; your boy is gorgeous! I've got one similar too him as well.

(I have way too many of them if nobody has noticed lol)

Back
Top Bottom