Show off your favorite fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are they Florida gars? And what size tank do you have I have been wanting one but I hear they get big

Sent from my QMV7A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Are they Florida gars? And what size tank do you have I have been wanting one but I hear they get big

Sent from my QMV7A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Aslong as you don't instantly criticize my tank size. They are spotted gar not alligator gar. They get about 2 ft. There in a 55 now but by next weekend I'll have a stand build for an 80g which Is same length but much wider so they'll be able to turn around. Once there about 18 inches I'll be building a pond out back about 8x8x4 so they'll have plenty of space to swim although they don't really swim unless there hungry and on the prowl. There really docile when contempt with there hunger. They literally float in a spot for 2-3 hours but when they do chase a fish they are super slow and then BAM! They get it so the fish is perpendicular to them am then keep jerking sideways to get the fish head first into there throat and then slurp then down like spaghetti

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I know a lot of people say the tank is too small the tank is too small but i think it's a gradual process of upgrading the tank when the fish are ready. Not everyone can go for the huge tank right off the bat. But I love the gars and if they only get 2ft them that perfect I plan on building a 12x12x3 pond for my red tailed cat and I was think a gar could go with him. Iv seen them eat and they are the coolest thing to watch. I have a needle nose gar right now and when he eats minnows it's awesome. How much did you get them for.

Well there's a lot of asain owned mom an pop shop kinda markets here around Houston and the lady who sold me mine didn't know anything about them but I got the at 5 inches and it was 15$ then I went back for my second one and it went up to 20$:/ it was maybe 1/4" longer... But they aren't to expensive and if you from aroud Houston I'll give you one

I'm up in Colorado and iv only seen Florida gars and they run about $25. Yeah feeding might be a little tough but I think I may get tilapia at the Asian mart when my cat gets big

Haha yea well a cat would do nice for a gar aswell :p lol and yea at what mine are at now there worth about 25-30$ at the LFS

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410130386.620043.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410130427.136204.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410130470.028451.jpg
I can't have favorites. So here are all my babies! :)
Check out my Instagram to see a gazillion pics of them! :D
amzwiz87

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410145108.190553.jpg
African leaf fish it's hard to pick just one favorite haha

my freshwater side
img_3038638_0_74580cd6c6c58dc9e623525c6f6a6202.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410717696.945542.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410717755.172355.jpg

Toss up for me between my Denison and my bamboo shrimp

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410717786.123713.jpg

My big Denison likes to photobomb

Back
Top Bottom