Sleeping fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steelerfish412

Aquarium Advice Regular
Sometimes when I come in at night I see all my fish just laying around and I think it's hilarious but I seen one of my rustys laying next to an unknown black cichlid

image-1592865096.jpg

image-3815824861.jpg

image-413306055.jpg

So funny you posted this! Today I freaked out when I saw 2 of my Khulis laying on their sides half way under the limestone. I thought the worse! I went to pick up the rock and completely ruined their beauty sleep! They are so funny. One fell asleep at the top of this little ship in my tank with its head hanging off, but of course moved when I went to take a pic. I don't get it. They have perfectly good caves, sand and plants but they choose the weirdest places.

image-185821424.jpg

My betta does this all the time. He did it a few hours after I got him.... Went to check on him and he was laying sideways in the grass, I thought for sure he was dead. Started grumbling at myself because I've never killed a betta in a matter of hours and I was mad, went and grabbed the cup to put him back in to take him back to the store, stuck my hand in there and he TOOK OFF. Scared the crap out of me! Lol he does it around noon every day!

my bettas all have plants to chill in i like the leaf hammock and plants that go over the surface

Attachments

• image-4011869364.jpg
    image-4011869364.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 152
My betta does this all the time. He did it a few hours after I got him.... Went to check on him and he was laying sideways in the grass, I thought for sure he was dead. Started grumbling at myself because I've never killed a betta in a matter of hours and I was mad, went and grabbed the cup to put him back in to take him back to the store, stuck my hand in there and he TOOK OFF. Scared the crap out of me! Lol he does it around noon every day!

I did that the first day I had my Danios, one of them was resting motionless in some of my plants and I thought it was dead! I was gonna bury him in the garden (I'm a softy!) but when I got a box to lift him into, he darted across the tank! Now I think about it I can't believe I thought it was dead :p

So funny you posted this! Today I freaked out when I saw 2 of my Khulis laying on their sides half way under the limestone. I thought the worse! I went to pick up the rock and completely ruined their beauty sleep! They are so funny. One fell asleep at the top of this little ship in my tank with its head hanging off, but of course moved when I went to take a pic. I don't get it. They have perfectly good caves, sand and plants but they choose the weirdest places.

My clown loaches used to do that ( but they are know to do that :lol: ). When I first got them, I didn't know and I was was left speechless ( with dismay ) when I saw one upside down/on its side. But my fingers touched the water and the clown straitened out and swam off to its buddies. :p

yeah they have the leaf hammock at petco for 5 bucks you stick it to the glass 3/4 of an inch from the surface and they always chill in it because bettas stay near the surface in the wild i also have silk plants that go over the surface and they hang out in those too

That's outstanding, now I gotta get me a few of those. I'll turn a section of my aquarium into a lounge...

Hahahaha. I can just imagine a bunch of fish relaxing on the leaves and its like the lobby of a hotel. XD
Just make sure they are leather chairs :lol:.

I have plants, DW & rocks but these two choose to lay behind the heater! Guess they ll move if it gets hot?!?!

image-3470317720.jpg

I have plants, DW & rocks but these two choose to lay behind the heater! Guess they ll move if it gets hot?!?!

What type of loaches are those? Usually egg layers chose a warm spot to lay there eggs so, the heater is of course the best choice :). We're you planning on breeding them?

They re Golden Zebras. Just got them last week & they re pretty young. Right now they re maybe 1 1/2 inches & will be 4 inches as adults. Don t plan to breed them but then that ll be their call on that one :).

They re Golden Zebras. Just got them last week & they re pretty young. Right now they re maybe 1 1/2 inches & will be 4 inches as adults. Don t plan to breed them but then that ll be their call on that one :).

Wow. Only 1.5" and already pairing up eh? Lol
I love those loaches. They look beautiful. :D

Back
Top Bottom