Some pics of my platy variaties

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emeraldking

Aquarium Advice Freak
All females...

Attachments

• fish stan ea5 032.jpg
    fish stan ea5 032.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 124
  • fish stan ea5 037.jpg
    fish stan ea5 037.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 125
  • fish stan ea5 041.jpg
    fish stan ea5 041.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 224
Ok, so this may be a stupid question, but what are your platies in that lets you take their picture that way? Is it a glass container? A breeder box? Something else entirely that I'm ignorant of...?

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?

Hi Diana,

It's not a stupid question at all...

Well, it's a small plastic tictac box. I've got two sizes of them. And I've got a glass container which is bigger. Those fish are more relaxed that way which makes making pictures much more possible.

I've asked a good buddy of mine who works in a glass factory to make two sizes of glass containers for me. For now, with the plastic containers scratches in the containers are visible.

Hi Diana,

It's not a stupid question at all...

Well, it's a small plastic tictac box. I've got two sizes of them. And I've got a glass container which is bigger. Those fish are more relaxed that way which makes making pictures much more possible.

I've asked a good buddy of mine who works in a glass factory to make two sizes of glass containers for me. For now, with the plastic containers scratches in the containers are visible.

What a great idea, I never would have thought of that!

So creative! Thank you for answering! I might have to grab some tic tacs on my way home from work...

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?

Whatta you mean, Alison? With the amount of fish I have overhere, you mean?
I've got 60 tanks overhere with all kinds of livebearers. Still able to handle this all by myself... Besides these tanks I've got also 3 paludaria. Reptiles and amphibians are a lot easier to take pictures of.

Whatta you mean, Alison? With the amount of fish I have overhere, you mean?
I've got 60 tanks overhere with all kinds of livebearers. Still able to handle this all by myself... Besides these tanks I've got also 3 paludaria. Reptiles and amphibians are a lot easier to take pictures of.
The most tanks I have ever taken care of was 5 . Now I'm down to three 10 gal. but I am also thinking of all those endler babies. Back in the dark ages I raised fancy guppies for a small local fish store and just keeping and sexing the young fry in seperate male and female tanks. Do you have to do that with the endlers or do the parents and fry of each strain stay in the same tank? I read that they don't tend to eat the fry like guppies and plattys do? I have no more room otherwise I would strongly consider a few endles . Those green chested ones were really pretty. I love looking at the pictures that you post and didn't you say you keep 30 different strains of endlers? Alison:D

Hi Alison,

In general endlers and wildguppies don't tend to eat their fry. Therefore you're able to keep adults, juveniles and fry in one tank.

Yes, I do have 30 endler strains overhere.

I myself haven't got the green chested blue star at home. I've seen them a couple of times in the past 2 years. This shot was taken when I was in Berlin. This is a male from a good friend of mine. This green chested one ain't that hard to create. You need to cross the blue star with a limegreen endler to accomplish this. I myself have the regular blue star and the blonde blue star (hybrid) overhere.

Btw, lots of adult fish tend to eat their fry but this could pass if you're patient enough. When bigger fish are used to have such small company in their tank, the hunting will get less and if you're lucky they'll stop hunting for those baby fish. Ensuring for a 100% that they won't hunt, is something I won't say. For it's only a natural thing that they'll hunt. But it can become less once they're actually used to smaller fish in the same tank. But most people are not patient enough to test this...

Yep, space is definately the killer when it comes to expending the amount of tanks. Same thing overhere!

Back
Top Bottom