Some Pics that Didn't Make the Cut

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

travis simonson

Aquarium Advice Addict
I asked my friend D, who is not a regular AA forum frequenter (although she does at times lurk :wink: ), to give me a couple of her best pics to submit for the 2007 AA Freshwater Calendar. She sent me a bunch of pics and told me to pic the best two. I will tell you now that it was a very hard choice, so I picked the two which I thought were the best but I felt like I had to share the others with you because they were all so good. I know D would be too timid to post them herself but I feel that she deserves recognition for her amazing skills, so here goes (mind you these are the losers; the two pics I submitted for her I feel are even better than these 8O ):

I call this one Otoe #1 :) :

Oto_241205.jpg

And Otoe #2 (my personal favorite of her Otoe pics :) ):

Oto_141205.jpg

A beautiful close-up of a Cherry-Red shrimp:

Shrimp_141205.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is a Bumblebee shrimp (D calls him Candycane :) ):

Candy_Cane_251205.jpg

A nearly perfect deep-purple specimen of one very difficult plant to grow - Ludwigia glandulosa:

L_glandulosa_141205.jpg

An unreal close-up of pearling Riccia fluitans that has already won contests on other sites:

Riccia_Cropped.jpg

And finally, a gorgeous full-tank shot of D's aquarium (she calls it Englewood):

Englewood_311205.jpg

I like the pic of Riccia fluitans! Others are awesome as well.

Back
Top Bottom