some small folk from my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wijnands

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Some of the small inhabitants of my tank:

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 110
  • DSC_9941c.jpg
    DSC_9941c.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC_9988c.jpg
    DSC_9988c.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 106
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 99
nice. i have some harlequins myself.there great little fish:)

Ok the first one here they call them glowlight rasboras but are they calling them right or those are the harlequin rasboras?? Or please tell me what are the names of the three rasboras you have?? And the shrimp too? I wanna know more about them!! They are all spectacular!!!!

angelvelez87 said:
Ok the first one here they call them glowlight rasboras but are they calling them right or those are the harlequin rasboras?? Or please tell me what are the names of the three rasboras you have?? And the shrimp too? I wanna know more about them!! They are all spectacular!!!!

Harlequins look very similar, but they are larger with a bigger black patch.

I think one is a espei or hengeli ?

The first one is a Trigonostigma hengeli, possibly a female. It's certainly the biggest fish in my tank.
Second one is boraras brigittae
Third one is boraras merah

The latter two are difficult to tell apart and very often mislabled in the trade. Fortunately for me these two species get along very well and even school together.

The shrimp.... I'm still trying to identify those. It''s likely a wild variety of the well known RCS. Got half a dozen of these a few years ago and it's now a thriving population that comes in light, dark green and dark brown, some are now developing stripes.

wijnands said:
The first one is a Trigonostigma hengeli, possibly a female. It's certainly the biggest fish in my tank.
Second one is boraras brigittae
Third one is boraras merah

The latter two are difficult to tell apart and very often mislabled in the trade. Fortunately for me these two species get along very well and even school together.

The shrimp.... I'm still trying to identify those. It''s likely a wild variety of the well known RCS. Got half a dozen of these a few years ago and it's now a thriving population that comes in light, dark green and dark brown, some are now developing stripes.

Nice Shrimp, no matter what they are. Wild Type RCS sounds like a good guess. My RCS have a variety of markings. One has a skunk stripe. :)

Absolutely beautiful fish! Love the colours, reminds me a little of torpedo shark.

Way I always take my pictures. D300 + 100mm tokina macro on a tripod with a 3 way head but with all three axis of the tripod lose so it can move. SB-600 connected to the camera with a cable. Flash in my left hand, position as needed, camera controlled with my other hand.

For each of these pictures I had about a dozen that weren't good enough.

Back
Top Bottom