Someone say Apisto?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know.. I read that oscars get them when they reach maturity?? Im.hoping it's nothing but I'm anticipating a problem..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah I have just been looking them up and there are videos on YouTube of oscars with them but cannot find anything about apistos getting them weird hopefully it's something that doesn't bother it

From everything I've read it seems harmless.. I'll just keep a close eye on it and if it gets worse I'll do a salt dip or Clearasil treatment.. I had acne when I was a teenager too, he seems rather embarrassed about the whole thing..

Chinple out.. I feel better.. it's amazing how attached one gets to their first fish that just so happens to be awesome..

Yeah I know what you mean I was gutted when I thought mine was poorly but because they don't cry or yelp when they are ill people think meh They are only fish

That's one wild looking apisto!

Oh here's my male piaroa(brietbinden), he's a total jerk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1402395798521.jpg
    1402395798521.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 72
Look at that mohawk!!!

Look at that mohawk!!!

Lol yeah, I keep trying to get a better pic to show his color better but like I said he's a jerk. Hopefully he will calm down when he gets some girls.

Awesome!! Hopefully they're one big happy family, I was bummed when they killed her, it was an exciting month though, the power struggle over alpha female.. It was like game of thrones tanked edition!

Territorial disputes between female apistos are super brutal, makes the males look like sissies and quite often lead to death.

Territorial disputes between female apistos are super brutal, makes the males look like sissies and quite often lead to death.

Im watching one right now... female cac does.not like ms panduro in her kingdom.. just had a staring contest which ended in a head bop to the face.. ahh the joys of rehoming fish..

Im watching one right now... female cac does.not like ms panduro in her kingdom.. just had a staring contest which ended in a head bop to the face.. ahh the joys of rehoming fish..

I always thought cacs where peaceful species compared to some of the others? Do you have same sex in one tank or do you have mixed species?

They may be mild as far as aggressive cichlids go..they're certainly feisty when they want to be though.. I moved the extra female panduro in with them as a little experimemt.. so far it's been ok but I'm not in the business if killing fish so I'll probably take her back to lfs..

Talking about them being feisty I have just been watching them it looks like my male cac has been in a fight and has a busted lip ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402504816.994567.jpg

Ouch, do you have 2 males in there?

Back
Top Bottom