Someone say Apisto?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm, that's odd, seems like it'd be lip locking related??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Look at this guy!!! I'm so proud of my Lil guy:) he's showing off to his girlfriend again

Attachments

• 1402532295516.jpg
    1402532295516.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 1402532311476.jpg
    1402532311476.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 67
Hehe where are you going to house all those fry??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Meaning it's time to spawn? The pleco has been pretty good about getting the eggs, they've only gotten one batch by him..

The female is in her dug out cave so im.guessing she's guarding eggs now.. I'm going to be tearing down the tank tomorrow or Sunday so I'm hoping there are not eggs and I don't risk upsetting her..

The female is in her dug out cave so im.guessing she's guarding eggs now.. I'm going to be tearing down the tank tomorrow or Sunday so I'm hoping there are not eggs and I don't risk upsetting her..

You'd be amazed at what you can do to them before they eat a spawn, I once did a full tear down and rescape with 2 days of planting and moving the female's cave here and there and she never ate them.

Cool, maybe there is hope yet! I kind of want my pleco to have a caviar dinner though.. I'm still not through their last hatch.. it's a tom of extra work raising up those Lil monsters

Oh I finally refilled my co2 today

so there is hope for some fissiden care packs? ?

They had some really nice wild cacs at the store yesterday, but I am out of space at the moment. Maybe it's tome to stop looking for another male alpahuayo:confused:

Mostly color, patterns and finnage. The difference between wild and tank strain cacs is huge

Attachments

• 1402771476275.jpg
    1402771476275.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 58
Then again some breeders like to leave nature be, almost all of the color forms are nice but a few of them are just ridiculous

Forgot the pic this is my agassizii red flame I still regret buying this fish it's quite gaudy

Attachments

• 1402772058483.jpg
    1402772058483.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 31
Is the cac wild and the agassizii tank bred? The cac is really cool but surely they should be left in the wild is the temperament different? I had a convo at work with a couple of the fellas about wild and tank bred because we got on talking about tangs being put in small tanks and the arguement was they wouldn't know any different because they have always been in a tank even though in the wild they would need open water fish

Back
Top Bottom