Someone say Apisto?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He's my little fella, going nuts for blood worm

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397729172.431006.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397729172.431006.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 136
I got 2 for my male, when they formed a breeding pair they killed the odd female.. 2 if you want to increase yours odds of a spawn id say...

I have ordered 2 hotties for him they will be here on Saturday I have swapped them for some of the ocean rock I acquired haha I will also bee adding pics of them when they arrive

Awesome!! Hopefully they're one big happy family, I was bummed when they killed her, it was an exciting month though, the power struggle over alpha female.. It was like game of thrones tanked edition!

I am hoping that aswell but I cannot wait for lady lanister and lady stark to arrive I have hiding places and plants so hopefully they will be ok

There's no where to hide from a jealous lady lanister.... Hopefully it's all house stark...

Yah they'll really enjoy all that space to themselves.. You could add a school if rummynose tetras too, I've found my pair tolerates them well with fry in the tank.. They've corralled my barbs into a corner because they were way to curious with the young..

Just noticed this thread! Let me go snap some pics of my mcmasteri

Pretty sure brookster is raising the fry in a separate tank.

Did you have to intervene at all when it came to the fry or do they make good parents?
they're great parents!! I took most if the fry out just because other fish I there, I left a few in too see how they'd do, they are bigger and way more colored up than the others in the fry tank.. Momma knows best..and feeds better than I doo too apparently...

Buy a cheaply hob filter and leave it running on your display tank, when it's time you're ready for action!! I use a tetra whisper 10 with a prefilter sponge on a 5.5

I have sponges from my internal that I had in the bottom of my external so they are ready just to put in my internal just incase something ever happens then I have media ready to go

That sounds just fine! You're wanting a breeding pair than huh? You have some place that buys back?

Back
Top Bottom