Something Old and Something New-2.5 Metaframe & 5 gal Riparium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very cool... I was admiring black sand the other day but it looked too sharp for my Corys (a fish ok w/ Bettas. Panda Corys would look good on black sand plus they're dwarf so 4 in a small tank would be good!!). I have Eco-complete which is still pretty cool looking & awesome for my plants.

This is Tahitian moon sand. It is actually a fine gravel and very soft. Thanks!

This is Tahitian moon sand. It is actually a fine gravel and very soft. Thanks!

Nice, I'll check it out!! We're thinking about changing the substrate in my daughter's moderately planted Guppy & Ghost Shrimp tank. We have 5 aquariums plus 3 small tanks. There definitely some addiction as a family going on here!

Change #1
icon_mrgreen.gif

Nice, I'll check it out!! We're thinking about changing the substrate in my daughter's moderately planted Guppy & Ghost Shrimp tank. We have 5 aquariums plus 3 small tanks. There definitely some addiction as a family going on here!
I know the feeling. I was supposed to be doing two tanks. Now there are three!{plus a 90 gal } Hopeless:oops:

Mind if I ask what you are using to hold the plants in the tank off the back side?
No not at all. They are from a guy who sells riparium supplies and plants. I met him on another forum.

Looking great Carole!!
Thanks!:)

Thanks. Yes, these came this way..in the 50's-60's. They have a slate bottom. That's all there was.:)

LOL..well since it has been at least 47 years since I have owned one, I am not quite sure. I will have to do some reading on the subject. Yes, the frame is SS.

It's metaframe.
Type into google 'metaframe aquarium history' and you can learn a little about where they started.

Following along. Curious as to how you end up liking or not liking the planters in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom