spring time, Let's see some OT pics!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
reefrunner69 said:
WooHoo!! More Flutterbies (y)

:?:

I used to have flutterbies in my garden, but the dirbs ate them! :p

BTW, the wildflowers you photographed in the field look like some kind of phlox. You might be able to collect seeds in a few weeks. They reproduce prolifically and you shouldn't have any trouble getting them established in your yard.

I took a few this morning, the colors could have been better, it was very oercast and about to storm so it's kind of drab and depressing.

DSCF0653.jpg

DSCF0664.jpg

DSCF0665.jpg

The waiting room at the Road Kill Cafe...

DSCF0672.jpg

ah, a table for 1...

DSCF0669.jpg

I'd also like to say for the record...taking pics of buzzards sucks. The smell will gag you, and if you don't move every once in a while, they start to look at you funny.

reefrunner69 said:
I'd also like to say for the record...taking pics of buzzards sucks. The smell will gag you, and if you don't move every once in a while, they start to look at you funny.
hahaha :lol: Cool pics!

Heres a couple more from me...
DSC02630sm.jpg

DSC02609sm.jpg

DSC02606sm.jpg

DSC02604sm.jpg

DSC02669sm.jpg

Here's a few I took yesterday on the coast of Maine. :) I also saw about seven seals in the span of two hours heading out of the river's mouth into the ocean proper, but none of them were close enough for me to take pics.

4928WEB42704_1.jpg

4928WEB42704_6.jpg

4928WEB42704_8.jpg

cormostorm.jpg

4928WEB42704_5.jpg

4928WEB42704_7.jpg

I'm using the normal size of the last pic as my computer wallpaper currently. :)

Ok, one more flower from me, taken this morning under my mail box.

Hypostomus
I love that first pic. it looks like the rocks go on forever. And the second to the last pic is sweet too. Nice work.

lreilly
excellent macro shot. It came out very crisp.

Thank you so much for the positive comments. I am getting better at still life.

Now to fix my problem with fish, this is the best one I took the other day. It still does not look right. (not mentioning the lint on the galss.) The color is wrong, I did the white balance, with the paper and all. Did not touch it up yet, so you can see the what I am doing wrong. Where do I go from here.

reefrunner69 said:

Probably thinking of using their defense mechanism... ;)

Well...the color of the fish may be wrong cause of the flash, the bards have a very reflective scale and will give a different color under flash, sometimes, or were you referring to the color of the tank?

What were the camera settings?

No, in this picture. It was the fish I was talking about. I will get back to you on the settings. I can't remember and can't find the info right now.

Open the file browser in photoshop and right click the thumbnail and select file info, or simply highlight the thumbnail and the exif info should come up in the bottom left of the browser window.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! It tried to snow on us up here in Calgary last night :cry:
It's nice today, but I don't have a digital camera :cry:

Dang, shooting bugs is hard!!! When you go hunting them you can't find them, and when you don't have your cam...your swarmed by them :D

I took 4 pics of this little guy and this was the best one, too bad there is a shadow on most of his body, I blew out his nose, and I couldn't get the eyes in focus...

Bug's Life
DSCF0770.jpg

Here there be Dragons!
DSCF0774.jpg

Another
DSCF0775.jpg

Hope you enjoyed looking at them as much as I enjoyed taking them ;)

Back
Top Bottom