Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-03-2004, 11:02 PM   #81
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to Verse914
WOW! That last shot of the dragonfly is unbelieveable! Nice work Kevin

Verse914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 05:19 PM   #82
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah, I know this isn't a competition but some of those photos from everyone are making me so jealous. We can't afford a new camera... mine isn't horrible, but it sure doesn't compare to what you all have. Kevin said it's hard to find bugs when you want to...... I can find all sorts of cool things to take pictures of... just can't always take good shots with my camera... tried to take a pic of the moon for the other thread that was started but it didn't come out... oh well.. I'll stick with the thigs I can take decent pictures of...

Old 05-05-2004, 06:42 PM   #83
AA Team Emeritus

No it's nt a competition, I enjoy taking pictures and so I have spent a little money on my set up to allow me to take pics in a wide range of circumstances, and my set up is getting rather expensive, but that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy looking at your pics as well as showing you mine. I take pictures to please myself, not anyone else, if others enjoy my photos...well that is the icing on the cake. Do not hesitate to post pics you have taken, there are some things you won't be able to capture unless your cam will do such and such, but you can certainly take beautiful photos of other things

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 07:24 PM   #84
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah, Millipede - I think your camera takes some pretty nice arty shots - especially the recent ones of the turtles. Fancy cameras may allow you to take better pictures in less-than-ideal conditions, but they can't help you recognize an photo-opportunity or compose a shot - remember that. I've been interested in photography long before I became interested in fish - and I've got the bills to prove it! I spent more on my recently acquired digital camera body than I did on all my fish stuff combined! I'm still learning how to use the darn thing creatively and I'm quickly discovering that a CMOS sensor DOES NOT behave quite the same way as film. Lots of what I have learned using film now has to be unlearned, or at least re-evaluated.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:59 AM   #85
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to Verse914
Quote:
Originally Posted by QTOFFER
Fancy cameras may allow you to take better pictures in less-than-ideal conditions, but they can't help you recognize an photo-opportunity or compose a shot - remember that.
Exactly. I have seen some great shots with many lower megapixel cameras. I enjoy seeing all interesting pics, no matter what the quality, so I hope there isnt anyone afraid to post their pics.
Verse914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 08:34 PM   #86
Aquarium Advice Addict

OT

I know it isn't a competition and I love the interesting things I find to take pictures of... I just wish I had the hardware to get better results. As it is I sometimes have to take a ton of pictures of one thing just to find one or two that are halfway decent... I'll keep on wishing but it wont stop me from taking pictures... It's been a bit breezy during the day here so there's a few things that aren't coming out that great... Last night, no wind so I went out to look around and there were all sorts of noises in the woods so I wasn't out too long... that might sound paranoid but I'm out there every night and these noises weren't normal... they were a good distance away but when I went out there a little later it was now in the bushes less than 20 feet away... I wish I had some night vision so I could see what it was... There are so many nocturnal creatures around here but it isn't often you get to see them... Well, here's a few that I thought were worth posting. The "print" I'm not sure what it is. it was right next to a pond and there were a lot of frogs there, it was muddy, so I was thinking "what would a frog print look like?"... looks like a BIG cat print but I wouldn't expect to see that where it was and there were only two prints, then nothing...
Old 05-06-2004, 09:03 PM   #87
Aquarium Advice Addict

pics

here's a few more
Old 05-06-2004, 09:06 PM   #88
Aquarium Advice Freak

i really like the caterpillar one
mrmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 02:26 PM   #89
Aquarium Advice Addict

pics

Hey, where has Kevin and everyone been? I will try to get some more pics today, this is a fun topic... My latest picture I uploaded to the Creepy Animals page... check it out if you haven't
Old 05-08-2004, 07:39 PM   #90
AA Team Emeritus

Here, just haven't really been shooting much lately, also wanted it to be more participation from others, it seems sometimes that it ends up being the reefrunner show, and that is not the intent of this thread.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pics

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com