Tall aquarium aquascapes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BHead707

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Id like to see pictures as to how some of you are utilizing the height of a tall aquarium to your advantage when aquascaping. thanks

I know that there's much taller aquariums, but here's my 10G Half Moon which is pretty tall for its capacity. I went with a minimalism look. I just set it up and I'm looking to still add 10-12" tall plants in the background. Perhaps some Java Moss on the branches. But what I really enjoy is the branches that angle upward taking up the the vertical real estate.

thats an awesome looking tank, im going to help my cousin aquascape a 25 gallon which is 20'' tall, we have alot of extra driftwood so i hope that one will work.
also what kind of wood is that?

I'm not sure what kind of wood it is. However, it wasn't cheap at around $20. I bought it in California at a LFS named Nature Aquarium in Santa Monica. I'm not sure what part of Cali you're from, but if you're close to there, you should check them out.

Brian_Nano12g said:
I know that there's much taller aquariums, but here's my 10G Half Moon which is pretty tall for its capacity. I went with a minimalism look. I just set it up and I'm looking to still add 10-12" tall plants in the background. Perhaps some Java Moss on the branches. But what I really enjoy is the branches that angle upward taking up the the vertical real estate.

Awesome looking tank! I was literally just looking at my 20g tall thinking how much I hate how I have it set up right now and wanting to do something different.

image-288714026.jpg

I have all these floating plants to keep my female bettas from torturing each other and it ends up looking too busy. Following this thread for more ideas!

This is my 56 gallon column. Jungle Val and red fox tail in the back

Attachments

• image-2980356136.jpg
    image-2980356136.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 253
45 gallon I used to have, before I moved and sold it. 36"x12"x24".
img_1864912_0_fe522d2f2f565c96a33067fe9da2ea10.jpg

twenty gallon xtra high, just getting started but found this awesome piece of driftwood to get the ball rolling

I don't know if you're looking for planted tanks or faux plant tanks but here's mine! It has fake plants in it! Hope you find what you're looking for! :)

img_1878875_0_67af966c6dbc10de9b5d93b6b264e563.jpg

manbeast said:
twenty gallon xtra high, just getting started but found this awesome piece of driftwood to get the ball rolling

My 20 extra high (in the process of starting a seahorse tank)

Back
Top Bottom