Tall tanks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cole_russell

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone! I'm trying to get some ideas for the top portion of my 25 gal 20" tall dirted + planted tank so if you guys have tall tanks post some pics here! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390432228.651309.jpg This is my tank, suggestions would be nice fish, plants w/e. I have jungle val in the back left corner which should hopefully eventually come up ( now with my new light, liquid co2, iron, and potassium ferts and root tabs) anyways I'd like to see what you all have done! Thanks for all your inputs!

I wouldn't keep tiger barbs in a 25 gallon tall tank, they'd like to be in a 40+ gallon tank. They also need to be in schools of 7+ other wise they can be aggressive and nippy.
Other wise very very *very* nice tank!
It's gorgeous! Love that big centerpiece of driftwood!

Thanks a bunch! The 4 barbs seem to stick to themselves but can be pretty rowdy, and mess up the plants from time to time. Maybe I can trade em for some ghost cats at a lfs if they get out of control.

I also agree with the black background. A nice fish that'll compliment your plants could be thread fin rainbows.

My stocking is as follows: 1 African Brown Knifefish, 2 Dwarf Gourami's, 4 Tiger Barbs, 4 Neon Tetras, 2 Otto's, 1 German Blue Ram (it's pair died after purchase and have not been able to find another)

Now I would consider glass cat's to replace the barbs if I decide to trade them upon them getting too destructive. Also I was considering getting a small pleco maxing somewhere between 4-5"

Back
Top Bottom