Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-09-2015, 07:58 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

I posted more details below. Could you please check and let me know if you still see this design as an issue. If it is, could you please explain why? specifically to the point that the smaller 20G L would be the deciding/limiting factor. I'm here to learn and improve myself, so I'm open to any suggestions/comments. Thanks for your time.

Old 02-10-2015, 01:03 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

You don't need the slope to be long haha

I don't see why the elbows have to touch the bottom, you can let them be suspended.

Old 02-10-2015, 01:15 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank setup

If I understand correctly, you say the tube is going to be ABOVE the tank for the fish to swim between both tanks ?

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!
Old 02-10-2015, 01:51 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemanone2003 View Post
If I understand correctly, you say the tube is going to be ABOVE the tank for the fish to swim between both tanks ?

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!
When I read the first post, I was thinking it would connect the tanks BELOW the water level using large bulkhead fittings.
Actually, it looks like a large siphon between the tank. Water changes might be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 02-10-2015, 01:55 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

You are right Fresh, it is a huge siphon so they would only be able to change water till the highest opening on the tube. Thus it is beneficial to have it about half way down on both tanks so you can do a jointed 50% change if necessary. The cool thing is the water will drop equally on both sides until the siphon is broken.

Something I would do for flow would be to have pvc connect both tanks around the back and have a powerhead on one side so the water moves through the pvc and back with the acrylic tube.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:14 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist

Yes the tube will be above the tank level, hence when fish goes thru the tube it looks cool. Also, this setup will only be there as long as the fish can safely pass thru. Once it is too big then will switch to a bigger setup.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:18 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by icydeath View Post
You are right Fresh, it is a huge siphon so they would only be able to change water till the highest opening on the tube. Thus it is beneficial to have it about half way down on both tanks so you can do a jointed 50% change if necessary. The cool thing is the water will drop equally on both sides until the siphon is broken.

Something I would do for flow would be to have pvc connect both tanks around the back and have a powerhead on one side so the water moves through the pvc and back with the acrylic tube.
Yes I've the setup for the waterflow as well. I've a sponge filter with a pvc setup currently running. I'll move this to the 20G and push the water to the 29G. And the bridge will automatically siphon and equalize it. This helps in avoiding stagnant water inside the tube. Also, I'm planning to setup a timer to run 15 mins interval so that there is a quite period if it all it is needed for the fish to swim thru safely. (that's my thinking, but why would a fish hesitate to swim thru/with the current )
Old 02-27-2015, 10:45 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Activist

Smile Fish In

Finally, I got my Orandas last sunday and I'm currently keeping them in QT. I use .3% aquarium salt for the past 5 days. Also, I started using Prazipro for the last 3 days. Today is the 3rd day. For the next 2 days (sat and sun) will not add PP and just change water. From what I read this will allow the fluke eggs to hatch as PP will kill only adults and not the eggs. BTW I change 99% water everyday. And I'm planning to do the PP treatment for 3 cycles. Please check the video and let me know what you think about my fish.

Here is the youtube link - http://youtu.be/3dnl5c1cS7c
Old 02-27-2015, 10:58 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Oooh nice! I'm thinking of setting up a 55 Goldfish tank myself. Where did you get yours? (just wondering)
Old 02-27-2015, 11:11 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thanks I guess you are asking about the fish. I got it from Petsmart. I went around and looked at couple of LFS and 3 different petsmart and a petco. Finally, I found the best of all in a petsmart and I guess it cannot be better than that store.

Tags
setup, tan, tank, tank setup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com