tank shots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandown123

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey - tank shots, like 3-4 months set up; 30 g

Attachments

• DSC01940.jpg
    DSC01940.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC01941.jpg
    DSC01941.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC01942.jpg
    DSC01942.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC018312.JPG
    DSC018312.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 74
Very nice aquascaping! Are those two different tanks? What is that lighting system in the last pic, and is that how the legs are supposed to be on? Sorry, just curious.

No that is the tank when i first filled it up and put live rock in and then the others are it like 3-4 months later, from the other night after i bought the frogspawn. i cant believe the difference myself.

The lights are T5s from this guy from fish need it;lights; food;Sponge; all in all its a decent fixture (4x39 watt bulbs)

I put the legs on backwards cause I have a glass top so they look weird in the pic, but i think i am going to just go with some egg crate cause the glass gets salty and im pretty sure im losing wattage that way. do you think i would lose light that way?

To answer your question yes. Anything less than 100% transparent limits the light penetrating into your tank. The loss may be negligible though, or it may be significant. You'd have to have one of those spectrum testers to find out for sure.

They do look sort of funny with the legs on the wrong way, like a bow-legged lighting system or something, lol.

Overall I think your rockwork looks really nice: there are plenty of places for your fish to swim around/through and I think they'll really like that.

yeah they like the rock setup. I made lots of caves and holes. they like hanging out in front the best though which is good.

Back
Top Bottom