Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-21-2012, 05:59 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Tank taking shape!

I'm fairly new to keeping fish and on a low budget so over the last few months been buying bits here and there to decorate my tank added few more bits yesterday and I think it starting to look like a nice little home for my fish. Any suggestions on what else I could do?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3634265433.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	126533

I am going to change the gravel that is what came with the tank. I was liking the idea of sand but never put sand in a tank befor.

I say I'm fairly new, I had a tank when I was about 14 but got rid when I was about 17, just started up again now I have space in new house

Old 10-21-2012, 08:51 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy87
I'm fairly new to keeping fish and on a low budget so over the last few months been buying bits here and there to decorate my tank added few more bits yesterday and I think it starting to look like a nice little home for my fish. Any suggestions on what else I could do?

I am going to change the gravel that is what came with the tank. I was liking the idea of sand but never put sand in a tank befor.

I say I'm fairly new, I had a tank when I was about 14 but got rid when I was about 17, just started up again now I have space in new house
Looking good . I would definitely change out the gravel. I like the pea gravel, natural look.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:02 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Yeah was gonna go for a natural look. But unite like black with a few white maybe. Anything else I could do without making it look crowded?
Old 10-21-2012, 09:19 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy87
Yeah was gonna go for a natural look. But unite like black with a few white maybe. Anything else I could do without making it look crowded?
I like my ankhs medium to heavily decorated, lots of plants. But I have fish that like lots of hiding places. So personally I'd add a few more plants & a structure or two that's either real driftwood or things that look like rocks / wood. Here's a couple pics of my tanks:

My 2 10g tanks:

Name:	image-521984051.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	180.9 KB
ID:	126569

Name:	image-441736816.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	202.7 KB
ID:	126570

My 46g:

Name:	image-3495635854.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	197.5 KB
ID:	126572

The 46g has the pea gravel which I like better than what's in the 10g tanks, the 2 10's were set up 1st so I learned by trial & error.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:53 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

Cool yeah I like the idea of adding more plants and some driftwood. As also want to breed my guppies so will help for hiding spots. And will be changing the gravel. I just keep buying bits at a time so it don't cost a fortune in 1 go

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com