Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-20-2014, 08:42 PM   #31
Adipose Fins Are Cool!

??? LOL I'm confuselled! OK I see now. OS.

Old 02-20-2014, 08:44 PM   #32
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Brian - My only suggestion is to watch the ISO. When you get past 400 or so, you start getting grainy in the background. Without a softbox, it's pretty difficult to keep the ISO down if you're shooting moving objects, but possible with some practice (or a lot of practice... or a ton of practice)

I have a Canon 100mm 2.8 macro lens... loved it while I had an aquarium. Now it's just sitting in the camera bag waiting on someone to buy it haha. I almost exclusively use my Tamron 28-75 2.8, and sometimes use my Canon 70-200 2.8 L. Don't have an aquarium to take pics of though. Macro is the way to go on an aquarium IMO

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:03 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

What no aquarium and you're a mod in an aquarium forum? What happened, lose interest? Didn't you win an aquarium in that contest? Anyways, thanks for the tips on the photos. I still have a lot to learn. Kind of reminds me when I was such a newb in this forum. It was a fun and exciting process to learn something new and venture in to uncharted waters.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:50 PM   #34
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Ha... yes, I lost interest. I was tired of throwing gobs of cash at something that really limited me in taking vacations without worrying, power outages, etc... and I just really didn't enjoy fish.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:31 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Did you really just lose interest or was it like an intervention, like on Hoarders, but with aquariums? LOL

Your slogan under your user name makes it sound like an AA meeting, and I'm not talking about Aquarium Advice!

Tags
camera, plant, planted, planted tank, sting, tan, tank, test, testing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com